• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

cheap large run required

**Bonnie**

Mama Doe
Hi all,

As the evenings are light and mornigns my buns are allowed out in the garden free range (under my supervision as I can see them from kitchen), as winter is fast approaching I am thinking this wont be possible as I wont be able to see them in the dark and obviously fox's are more likely to be around!

They live in a converted 6x7 shed but would like them to have time in the garden so would like to get a CHEAP large run.

I couldn’t find anything on ebay and obv local pet shop ones are too small.

Does anyone know or is selling one I would be grateful?

thanks

Zooplus have their metal runs on offer right now. The big ones costs 45 Pounds, and you can get 10% off if you google for a voucher. I bought two of these runs and put them together as one long run.

What about this one, the 216cm one - i think it works out to be 7foot x 3:

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/rodents/cages/pens_fencing/35638

Yes, that's the one I have. A bit tricky to put together if you don't have someone to help, and it is meant to be on lawn. It comes with metal sticks that hold the corners together and anchor it into the ground. But I guess you can also use wire or plastic clips to hold it together and then put it on concrete. It just isn't as easy to put up or put away as a foldable wooden one.

I use nursery fireguards from Argos, turned upside down as the top makes a good 'foot' which stops them moving the panels or digging out - unless they are jumpers they can have a large area penned off - you can see what I mean in this photo - 2 panels cost £20 and they are about 80cm long and 70cm high (but you can stand them on their side too). They fold flat for easy storage too, and are handy in the house for fencing off doors etc. I couldn't manage without them :shock:

P1010054.jpg

You could build 1 that is attached to your shed. It would be much cheaper and more secure. Heres mine. I need to put the mesh roof on yet.

100_0382.jpg

Cheers Elve - i did think of that.

At the mo they have a mesh door so they can see out etc.

I cant have a run attached because my shed is raised on to concrete blocks (was like that when i moved in!), plus there is another shed one side, fence the other!

Back