• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Preparation for putting up the hutch...advice?

loobie_lou

Mama Doe
... about to put up the huge happy hutch for the babies, but before hand we're going to scub the back yard. It's an enclosed back yard, much like those you see on Coronation Street, lol. Just wondering what would be best to scrub down the yard with? Obviously bleach probably isn't a good idea...any suggestions?

Also, everywhere in the yard gets some sun at some point... does this matter? The best place for it, and the flatest, gets sun in the morning (like now time) and then not so much in the afternoon... would this be ok?
xx

That sounds fine - I use a mix of one part bleach to nine parts water in a plant spray bottle for all my cleaning, but you could mix it up in a bucket same proportions, splash it all around the patio (probably need 2 buckets full) leave it for 15 mins thenn sweep it into the drains with a broom and leave it to dry.

Thank you Elve =]

I'm not putting them in the hutch until next Thursday... I will do for periods in the day, but not in the night... would this be ok? Just I'm waiting on my fly netting to arrive so I can put this around the hutch and run, and they're staying with Kayj from Friday to Tuesday as it's my birthday x

The best place for the hutch is the one you've chosen i.e. it will get the morning sun, but will be in the shade when the sun's at it's hottest. Perfect!:lol:

They are fab. Pansy is moving around much more freely, and Sapphire's urine burnt skin is showing improvement already. Rog is making a run for Pansy this afternoon as the dog crate isn't ideal, but he opened up the side of the crate and has now positioned the open hutch tight up next to it with it's door open so she can move freely between the two while out in the garden thus giving her a bit more room. They aren't out all day yet as we are building up to it slowly. I'll post some new piccies tonight. Rog says he'll take some this afternoon as my back is a bit of a handicap at the mo.

Back