• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anyone use Carpet squares as flooring?

Rabbers

Mama Doe
You know, those hard squares of carpet that places like Homebase sell? Often used in kitchens and offices?
Do buns like them? do they dig and chew?

Thinking of using a spare one i have so they have something nice to sit on in the bottom layer of their hutch (they associate the newspaper with their litter tray and poop everywhere!! and the bare floor stops them a bit).

Or is it better just to buy a Vetbed oval mat?
Thanks

Funnily enough my boyfriend bought some home from work for me yesterday! He thought they would be ideal for the buns too. Ive laid some out for the boarders and they have been laying on them and none have been chewed so far but I will keep an eye on them and if they start to chew i will remove them as these ones have a rubber backing and are pretty chunky. I don't want any blockages occuring.

I had some of those little flat weave mats for 80p if that's what you mean - only Benny chewed his so he had to lie on the metal dog crate base :roll:

Mine all have mats that have bound edges (£1 each for a 3ft x 18 ")
and none of them have dug or chewed them :D

They're brill! Bertie digs away at them and they last for ever. I ask shops that sell them for a sample to take home and they usually give me one or two.

Back