• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Bunny urgent advice needed!

tracyuk

Mama Doe
I posted the other day about a freecycle bunny. Elve quite rightly told me of all the problems I could face if I got her. The lady told me she had gone but has emailed me today and still has her. She is only 6mnts old and I cant stop thinking bout her. Do I get her.
I have a spare cage ready and space in my kitchen to bond, I am prepared to spend the money for her jabs and spay. What do you think?
I have the number here ready to call. Even if it didnt work out at least I know that I could rehome this bunny to someone decent.
HHHEEEELLLPPPPP!

Sup to you honey - you are the one who will have all the work so nobody else can tell you whether or not to rescue her (note my emotive use of the word 'rescue' thus subtly influencing you :lol: )

Do it- save the bunny! You can be the Bradford Bunny Rescuer instead of the Bradford slayer :lol:

Seriously, its obviously playing on your mind and as you say if you can't keep her permanently at least you will know she goes to a good home if you manage to rehome her.

Ahh, This is why I love this forum, I am glad you said do it.
I have just spoke to the lady involved and this poor bunny has already been handed around and.......doesnt even have a name:cry: :cry:
The lady said she is a bit nervous and can lunge at people but I think she is young enough to settle down, especially when I have her neutered. She looks like a wild bun apparently.
I am ringing her back this aft.

I rescued a bunny from Freecycle.

She is one of the most evil bunnies I have ever owned and I wouldn't dare try to bond her with any of my other rabbits. :evil:

However I do get a lot of satisfaction knowing that I saved her from dying. She was starving and dehydrated when I got her, and is now a picture of health and vitality :D

Amy

Ahh, This is why I love this forum, I am glad you said do it.
I have just spoke to the lady involved and this poor bunny has already been handed around and.......doesnt even have a name:cry: :cry:
The lady said she is a bit nervous and can lunge at people but I think she is young enough to settle down, especially when I have her neutered. She looks like a wild bun apparently.
I am ringing her back this aft.

Not suprised she's nervous if she's been passed around, poor thing. If she's only 6 months then she's at the teenage stage so your probably right about her being young enough to settle down.

I hope so. I am just a little bit worried bout Lola as she can be a little madam, saying that she is lovely with Rory its just me she hates. I have spare runs and cages and if it comes to it I will have to rehome her but at least she stands a chance this way.
I am so excited and call m stupid but have already named her.:D

Mimi:D
What do you think? It may change if it doesnt look like a mimi.
I will have Rory, Lola and Mimi.
I am getting excited:shock:

Awww - little Mimi :D I hope this lady doesn't let you down though - can you ring now? I'm hopeless at waiting! :lol:

Well done, your doing the right thing. Poor bun.

I took an 'aggressive' bun from someone near me. He was being advertised on Rabbit Rehome. I got Billy neutered and he was still really hyper and would bite on occasion, I had 1 failed bonding attempt, so I thought I would never bond him. Anyway 6 months later this same person was advertising another rabbit and a guinea pig on Rabbit Rehome, so I got in touch again and went to pick them up. Emily (bun) turns out to be Billy's sister, they from the same litter. So she got spayed and she's a similar temprement to Billy but she doesn't bite.

Anyway, I bonded these 2 and they are great, a really close bonded pair.

Good Luck,

Nicola

Back