• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

advice needed by Friday!

p_prod_uk

Mama Doe
hi everyone,
i have had to separate my two bunnies due to fighting, which was caused (i think) by the male smelling the scent of the unspayed female who i'm rehoming. So Angel (female) is in the house and stays in the dining room while i'm at work and overnight. Boo (male) has stayed in the shed and Roxy (the foster bun) has her own hutch&run combi outside.

so, Roxy is getting spayed and getting her teeth sorted on Friday and so obv i want her inside for about the first two nights (everyone agree?) after the op to keep warm etc. but will Roxy and Angel be ok in the same room but separated by a play pen as Roxy has not had her jabs.

I do have a hutch which i could put Roxy in inside but just not sure about the myxi thing.

any sugestions or will they be ok?

thanks for any help!!

I would have thought so. My rescues are often only seperated from my buns by mesh and a few meters after they have passed 2 weeks quarantine, as all our runs are set up near each other (except one).

If Angel worries her through the bars though you will need to find a way of keeping them apart incase it stresses Roxie out and slows her recovery.

I would also get some baby food and probiotics in just incase she needs a syringe feed....bunnies who have dental work on top of a spey are often less inclined to start eating again as their mouth is often a little sore or swollen on top of the obvious 'Ow my poor tummy' pain.

do you mean rabbit baby food or baby baby food!? :?

yes i may put roxy in the conservatory. she's pretty relaxed tho, she loves the cat coming towards her run and doesn't shy away and is getting braver with human attention too.

they will give me some critical care i expect, to syringe food too and she loves pears, so if all else fails....!! :roll:

Back