• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

We picked up Chinook today! - from Chloaster

Nik-Nak

Warren Scout
Hi

We have just adopted Chinook from Chloe :D

We took Rockie with us so they could share the journey together, and they got along fabously in the car.

So when we got home we thought we'd stick them both in the run together ( I know bit of a risk) and sure enough Rockie was not going to share her run just yet and did have her ' kill new bunny' hat on :shock: :(

After that we thought we'd stick them in the bath together and they got a long great its just when we try to the run together Rockie goes a bit do lally, so we're going to keep their meetings in the bathe for now.

Here are some pics of them in the bath:

Rockie Rockstar ( Agouti) & Chinook Nookie Nooks
P8220166.jpg

P8220170.jpg

P8220159.jpg

P8220163.jpg

P8220145.jpg

Edited to say: Chloe, you were right Chinook is so fast, but lovely - Thanks again for allowing us to adopt a beautiful bunny.

Last edited:
Awwww lovely. I remember when I bonded my pair, everything was fine in the new neutral hutch, the carrier etc, but when I put them in the run she had been in before there was trouble. I let them fully bond for a week for a week in the new hutch before I tried the run again and then I moved it to a different patch of grass too and put the carrier in that smelled of them both. Bunnies are funny things! I hope they'll be in love soon!:D

Yeah I hope they bond soon too, mind you they've only known each other for a couple of hours now. Still early days.

We tried moving our run several times but Rockie turned into killer bunny everytime. As I have this week off I think I will be sitting with them tomorrow too!

Thanks for posting the pics Mandy! Look at their little wet paws!! :love: I hope they become friends really soon and Rockie will let Chinook share her run!

Thanks for posting the pics Mandy! Look at their little wet paws!! :love: I hope they become friends really soon and Rockie will let Chinook share her run!

They have wet paws as......:oops: I had to do some serious water throwing at Rockie as we had them in the run just before the pics were taken :shock:

Aww, she is lovely, hope they become friends soon, did you see Jet when you were there? I think I'm more excited about getting her than going on holiday.

Aww, she is lovely, hope they become friends soon, did you see Jet when you were there? I think I'm more excited about getting her than going on holiday.

:wave: Hiya, yes I did see Jet she was running round with Apache, shes very cute......did see what she'd done to her bed though :shock: :lol: Rockies not a lot better either :roll:

:wave: Hiya, yes I did see Jet she was running round with Apache, shes very cute......did see what she'd done to her bed though :shock: :lol: Rockies not a lot better either :roll:

:lol: What had she done, don't tell me she's going to be Charlie's partner in crime rather than teach him how to be a good boy? :lol:

She had ripped up all the paper :shock: :lol:

Funny, Chloe never answered when I asked if she was destructive- :lol: Not that I actually care, I already have one naughty boy, may aswell have a naughty girl to go with him- it adds to their character :lol:

Funny, Chloe never answered when I asked if she was destructive- :lol: Not that I actually care, I already have one naughty boy, may aswell have a naughty girl to go with him- it adds to their character :lol:

She has got such a cute face thatyou will easily see past it :lol:

Although I wouldn't call her destructive.......more like imaginative :rolleyes:

Sort of, Rockie our existing bun can be a bit bossy :roll:

When they are in the bath they are great lots of positive stuff maybe the odd nip from Rockie, but when they have more space to run round, Rockie goes into territorial mode and will chase Chinook a bit. The other night Rockie took a load of Chinooks fur out causing a wound to the base of her ear but thats the first proper scuffle they've had.

I'm getting my nerve back and put them together las night again they were fine, although Chinook was understandably a little nervous of Rockie. However in Rockies defence Chinook is always wanting to be groomed by Rockie and keeps trying to sit under her:shock: :lol: So i think it was Rockies way of saying 'enough'

Hows Jet doing with your bun?

:lol: They are funny aren't they.

Jet is such a cutie and flops on the sofa with us, she looks so sweet when she does her happy bunny roll/flop. Charlie adores her but she's not bothered by him, he grooms her when she puts her head down but she won't return the favour, he hasn't got humping out of his system yet but he's improved. I'm putting them together tonight and tomorrow night for a few hours then going to bond them properly from Thursday evening onwards.

I've got a thread going on the process :lol:

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=100951

Back