• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bunny hypochondria

madysmummy

Mama Doe
does anyone else get bunny hypochondria ?
what with moses' eye sunday night ( totally cleared up now so think it was just something in his eye rather than anything serious) i was hugging him today and his bits were pulsing again. but i think its his bum not his man bits ( sorry i'm trying to be as clean as possible :lol: ) is this normal. is it something to do with bunny boy puberty ? i was slightly concerned. :?

I don't know why your boys bits are pulsing, but I do know after a scare this morning with Murray that you can never be a bunny hypochondriac - they can't tell us what's wrong, so we have to be extra alert with them.

I guess we won't panic the more we learn, but I'd rather err on the side of caution and either post something here or take a trip to the vet :D

well he's only little so think plums will come any time soon so think it might be bunny puberty so his bits are getting excited - i might be wrong thou. i'm a bit worried that it was his bum thou. but yet again i might be wrong.

Before Bertie was done, he used to kind of um....well thrust :oops: :shock: at me when I picked him up... he doesn't do it now..

Snowflake suffers terribly with hypochondria --- UNTIL I put my debit card in the machine at the vets then she gets all better somehow! :evil:

Funny, I ws wondering if I was a bit of a bunny hyerchondriac myself today; but, having just got back from the vets, I think I was right. We are going away for a few days next week, was cleaning out yesterday and thought Peppers wasn't eating as much or as easily as he should have been ( rolling small amount of food round his mouth before giving up). He lives with a bunny 'food hoover' so there's never a second chance or 'I'll got back for some more later' opportunities:lol: :lol: so I thought I'd just get his mouth checked out in case he'd got problems again ( had front teeth removed about a year ago and had spurs at the back). My thinking was I didn't want my neighbour to have to deal with a poorly bunny not eating next week.
I wondered if I might be over reacting as Pepper's is still eating, looking well and active, but just know how quick it can all go wrong if they stop!:shock: Anyway the vet asked me if I couldn't stay away:oops: ( VHD jabs 2 weeks ago) to which I replied I'd be back in another 2 weeks for more VHD jabs:lol: :lol: He did confirm 2 ulcers and one tooth growing back, so he's booked in for a dental tomorrow now. At least he should be well next week, so as Tony says maybe it's better to be a hyperchondriac and safe?:D

Odd.
I was thinking only earlier whether I was a bunny hypochondriac.
I figured I've transferred quite a bit of hypochondria towards myself, onto the bunnies. o_o; and also realised that knowing more about bunny illness both reassures me and scares me. I can't work out if I was happier when I was completely ignorant with my first rabbit... or now that I know what to look for and stuff.

I am getting less of hypo. as time passes, and we get to know him and his ways, but I had it bad for the first 4 months!
Like you Casu, I found that the more I read, the worse it was. I've read as much as I can read now, so am trying to relax a bit with it, without loosing dilligence.
I even posted on here once wether I should be worried cos Bertie had sneezed :oops:

I dont know if I am a Bunny Hypochondriac but I do have a Hypochondriac Bunny

rabbits511.jpg

:roll: :roll:

Janex

Careful. :D That bun will get ideas, reading that book... Next time he wants a fuss he'll just act of symptoms from page 10 and watch you come running...

Actually, I think my boy does that! :shock: Acts sick - just for me - so I fuss him.

I dont know if I am a Bunny Hypochondriac but I do have a Hypochondriac Bunny

rabbits511.jpg

:roll: :roll:

Janex

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can't protest otherwise after me going OTT upset with fear of Darcy having abscesses on his ears that turned out to be cartlidge (sp) and hard skin...:oops: :lol: :lol:

Back