• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Buny Hutch

drpengie

Wise Old Thumper
I am trying to find a bunny hutch which is big enough for 2 buns and is also practical in the house. I have found this one,

http://www.happyhutch.com/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=71&categoryID=5

but have asked for it to be made bigger 6ft w x 4ft h x 2.5ft d and have been quoted £250. Is this expensive? :?

I don't mind paying the money if I can get somewhere nice for my bunsters :D but if I can get it cheaper then that would be a bonus. (I'm poor after my wedding!!! :cry: )

I'd quite someone local to make it for me but I have not found anywhere that will. I asked one of my contacts at work if he would make one, but he said it'd cost me a lot of money and would be cheaper to just buy one.

Anyone know of anyone locally who could make one for me or even an on line site who may be a bit cheaper?

Thanks

I think that's a good price. Although it may be cheaper if you were to get a dog crate instead seeing as it's for indoors anyway. You can get 48 inch ones from ebay for around £50/£60 and I find they're much easier to keep clean etc. You can then use vet bed for the bedding which saves all the mess made when sawdust is used :)

x

for £250 you could get a 6ft crate :D
or (depending on how much space you have) you could get a couple of 4fters and join them together. you can add shelevs and things to the crates which is easy enough to do. and if you line with paper they dont kick stuff out. even better if they are litter trained andyou can use vetbed or fleece on the floor :D

i do like the look of that hutch though

I am trying to find a bunny hutch which is big enough for 2 buns and is also practical in the house. I have found this one,

http://www.happyhutch.com/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=71&categoryID=5

but have asked for it to be made bigger 6ft w x 4ft h x 2.5ft d and have been quoted £250. Is this expensive? :?

I don't mind paying the money if I can get somewhere nice for my bunsters :D but if I can get it cheaper then that would be a bonus. (I'm poor after my wedding!!! :cry: )

I'd quite someone local to make it for me but I have not found anywhere that will. I asked one of my contacts at work if he would make one, but he said it'd cost me a lot of money and would be cheaper to just buy one.

Anyone know of anyone locally who could make one for me or even an on line site who may be a bit cheaper?

Thanks

To be honest if you are going to pay that sort of money you would be better either getting a shed (bigger space for your money) or getting one from Ryedale as their quality is far superiour to happy hutch http://www.rehutches.com/whopper.htm

You don't really need the weather protection a hutch offers inside. I'd suggest you go for a pen rather than a hutch. Having mesh, no tounge and grove and no water proof lid will dramatically cut the cost.

Have a look at aviary panels, you could add your own shelf in.

Another thing to look at is human furniture that could be adapted. A big cupboard you could replace the doors with mesh would be cheaper and look nicer inside.

Tam

Another thing to look at is human furniture that could be adapted. A big cupboard you could replace the doors with mesh would be cheaper and look nicer inside.

Tam

That's a good idea. I do want it to look nice as well as being OK for the buns. I shall look around for some cupboard then. Just have to make sure the shelves are secure!!!

Back