• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonding help.... 2 bucks and a doe update but damage ....

bunnyrun

Mama Doe
a lady has fallen in love with 2 brothers and a single girl, that are up for adoption the boys are castrated she has asked me to try and bond them :roll: is this combination a good idea? realistically could it work? at the moment all 3 have the run of my kitchen, hall and stairs, they are ignoring each other there has bn a bit of chasing but no fur flying yet is this a good sign :roll: any advice would be appreciated :)

Last edited:
When Janice bonds bunnies, she tries to keep them in a rather small neutral space, maybe 5ft by 5ft, so that they cannot avoid each other. She has a broom ready to carefully separate them if they start a bad fight. Maybe you should limit the space for your trio, too.
I think there's a good chance that your combination of 2 brothers and a girl works fine. Good luck!

I agree with BB. Confine them to a smaller place and although they seem to be rubbing along nicely at the moment try to make that place a neutral area. Perhaps the bathroom? That room is usually free of wires and has such easily cleanable surfaces too! Don't forget to keeep the loo seat down though:lol: :lol:

cloester just helped me to bond mine and we put them in a 4m by 4m room (most of it taken up by humans :)) we had a couple of litter trays placed in corners, hay and water and a few things for them to jump on but little to hide in or behind, once we left, after making sure that there was no initial hate hate relationships forming. The place was almost 100% neutral (previous rabbit had been in it for a few minutes about 5 or six times) and cleaned very well.

bonding help update

its bn a success they love each other :) :) they are already eating and grooming each other, BUT they,ve bn very very naughty they,ve chewed through my telephone wire :shock: and got me into heaps of trouble with my hubby :oops: boy did io get a telling off :lol: but it was so worth it :) now 3 bunnies are going to a fabulous home :) :)

Great news. Oops about the phone cable, though. :lol: I would really like to know why they love cables so much. My boyfriend's former lodger had rats, and they chewed absolutely every cable. He was lucky that they did not set his house on fire. :rolleyes:

its bn a success they love each other :) :) they are already eating and grooming each other, BUT they,ve bn very very naughty they,ve chewed through my telephone wire :shock: and got me into heaps of trouble with my hubby :oops: boy did io get a telling off :lol: but it was so worth it :) now 3 bunnies are going to a fabulous home :) :)

That's gr8 you got them to bond. I'm fairly new at keeping rabbits and am hoping that my 2 will bond. So far they kiss each other through cage bars and have their cages next to each other so they can view one another.

Oh dear...cables...I know all about that! :shock: I've lost a few so far...I'm still bunny-proofing!

I'm bonding a buck to my bonded 2 within the next few weeks. I'm really nervous about it so if you have any tips let me know.

Just noticed the voucher I promised you :oops: had it ready to post ages ago but forgot all about it, I'm sorry will pop it in the post tomorrow.

Back