• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

He's arrived!!!

buntastic

Warren Scout
Picked Stuart up a couple of hours ago! Hooray!!! We just put him in his cage to let him settle in, then he can explore a bit more tomorrow. He doesn't seem too stressed, has eaten a bit and had a good wash. However, he seems to have taken up permanent residence in what is supposed to be his litter tray...we did bring some of his droppings home with us and put them in there to give him the idea what it's for, but he chose to spread a fresh load all over the rest of the available cage floor instead - that clearly didn't work out! Oh well, he might get the idea eventually, otherwise I suppose we will have to come up with plan B!

He is soooooo cute though, can't wait to get some good piccies of him to post on here! Just sitting in the room with him at the moment, so he gets used to having me around....

Still considering changing his name as well, but we met him as Stuart and have already sort of got used to it :?

Awww - can't wait to see piccies :D I had a bunny that liked to keep his litter tray for a bed and use the floor for a toilet too :roll: Fixed it in the end by giving him 2 trays :p

How exciting! I'm awaiting a new arrival in a couple of weeks - my Bella is getting a friend.

Bella decided where she wanted her "loo" to be - I had her litter tray nicely in the corner, but she decided she wanted it to be right in the middle of the cage. So now her cage looks untidy because there's a litter tray stuck in the middle, but if I move it to the corner she just goes where she wants to go!! :lol:

Have fun with Stuart. Can't wait to see piccies of him. :)

my OH always wanted to call sooty stuart......shortened to stu or stew as in bunny stew. I vetoed that.

Try picking up his droppings and putting them in the litter tray. It will take a couple of days/weeks but he may get the hang. At the moment he's probably just making sure eveybody knows that is his space by pooping everywhere.

He also might be sitting in his litter cos that is the most comfortable. If so, provide him somewhere else to poop.

Just a quick update - Stuart seems to be settling in really well, let him out of the cage to explore a bit tonight, he ended up being out for a couple of hours and just seemed really happy. Once he had finished sniffing everything, he had a quick game of football, then a good go at ripping up a pile of newspaper, made a serious attempt at destroying his dustpan and brush and in between flopped completely flat on the floor with his legs behind him and let us stroke and brush him. He even did a little binky!:p I was expecting him to take a lot longer to build up that level of confidence!

The bun is absolutely fab - still no pics unfortunately as now the batteries in the digi cam had died, so they have to recharge first... :cry:

The most difficult bit is to actually pick him up to put him back in the cage...

Back