• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just like Buses

duracell

Alpha Buck
You wait ages for one and then 2 come along at once.

I went to see the RSPCA today to see the buns they had for rehoming. I am now completley torn between two couples , I am amazed I weeded it down to two (Mind I am really pleased that they bond them for you it is icer for a rabbit to move with a friend I am sure.

The first pair are buck and doe buck is neutered and both are vaccinated both look healthy appart from exess squishy poo. They are a little shy and timid around people but this is probably due to lack of handeling and will change once settled in a loving home, They looked like english/dutch cross bread buns maily white with brown black stripe and spots. these two have not been in rescue for very long.

The second pairing is sligtly wierd, The female is a lionhead cross timid but curious (they have been in rescue for a while so this would explane it) but the other is one of the large breeds, not quite sure what though the lady did say he was a giant he was not one of the biggest giants I have seen. He was a curius inteligent looking fella who we were told can some times be a little aggressive. By this she ment that he sometime uses his front paws to suddenly push people away. He is not phased by the kids or apparrently other animals.

Because of this we spent some time with him and he was more than happy to be pettedand put his head down so we could stroke his ears, he did push away with his paws but it was not in an aggressive manner just in a go away now kind of way. He has been neutered and vaccinated and again seemed in good all round health.

I really dont know what to do now, I have come away so that I can think about it and so that I can speak to the proper rehoming officer tommorrow.

Bearing in mind that I have plenty of space etc but do have children and a cat which buns should I give a new home too!!!!

Oh what a decision!!! Take all four:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Good luck with whatever you decide and post some piccy's, The giant sounds like he's a character though!

:lol: :lol: Yeah! Bond all four!! I don't envy you the choice - I remember going to the RSPCA and I wanted to take all of them home! I chose Jacob cos he bit me! :lol: :lol:

I try to avoid going to the RSPCA and similar places, simply because I am a total coward and want to take them ALL home with me.....and I always go away feeling depressed and sad!:( :( :cry:

I could never decide when I first wanted rabbits which to take - I wanted them all so I ended up with none for months and months :shock: In the end I decided to take the ones that wouldn't find a home if I didn't have them - 2 agouti brothers been in rescue ages, and when one died I went for a large group which nobody else had room for. I don't think I ever would have decided otherwise :)

I must admit the fact that the large rabbit has been in rescue for so long makes me want to make a home for him. I also worry that if some one elce takes him they will try to keep him in a small hutch:roll:

I am having to do a little re gig of the indoor araingments tho to make sure he has the space he needs. and ordered a bigger run than I was initially gonna get so that it is tall enough.

He does need me tho right???:p

Awww - you are thinking of his special needs like the mummy of his dreams :p

However - like buses etc. there's the other saying you know :shock: As soon as you want something - everyone else wants it too! - so don't hang about! :shock:

I am just clearing out the cupboard under the stairs to make it their new home. I know that might sound cruel but it is bigger than a dog crate and I am removing the doors and putting in sleeping areas so I think it will be perfect as he will be able to stand right up in it :D

Then I am gonna go get them :D

LOL I will charge the camera, but I cant find anything right now! House is in complete disarray in an attempt to rabbit proof!:shock:

I have been checking my local pet shops and they dont have a carrier the size I need, I have ordered one off the net though and if we adop the large bunny the lady at the shelter will lend us a large carryer to bring them home.

I have adjusted the living space for a larger rabbit too :)

I am soooo excited, I feel like I have been waiting ages!

Ok I have charged the camera. What is the protocal for introducing them to the house.

Should I just put them in the enclosure and leave them or should I let them have a wander, or should I show them some love??

hmmmmm, obviously what I want to do is hug them and love them and sqeeze them till they forget all the bad things that ever happend to them!!!

But I realise that this would be bad in the extreem!

Leave them in the enclosure for a couple of days I would - till they know they're not on tonight's menu, and they know where their litter trays are ;)

Oh cool! How exciting. I've always thought, if I ever have somewhere with an understairs cupboard, that's where I'd have a bunny live. Obviously, not shut in though. :lol:

Let us know as soon as you get the buns!

Back