• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I've just ordered 10 bales of hay!!!!!!!!!!!

BinkyBun

Wise Old Thumper
EEEEkkkkk I've just ordered 10 bales of hay from dustfree!! My babies get thru about 2 bales a week so decided to go for it!! I'm really nervous now as they turn up in a giant pack....:shock: :lol: :lol: I'm not really worrried or anything just this is the biggest Hay purchase I've made in one order!!!:lol:

EEEEkkkkk I've just ordered 10 bales of hay from dustfree!! My babies get thru about 2 bales a week so decided to go for it!! I'm really nervous now as they turn up in a giant pack....:shock: :lol: :lol: I'm not really worrried or anything just this is the biggest Hay purchase I've made in one order!!!:lol:

Lucky Bunnies!! :D

Janex

My 'living room' :roll: is full of hay as I had a delivery this week too - oh for a barn! :lol:

:wave: I just ordered 5 bales from Dust Free, and they don't take up as much room as I thought. Hope your lot enjoy the hay :)

Awww thanks guys. Yeah I bought two bales to try it out with my bunsters and they love it so went for the 10. I'm really impressed with how they compress the hay so small.

When i put my hand in the hessian sack to pull out more hay for the buns, I always feel a bit like Santa Paws or something!!:oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am picturing the buns with that much hey and it looks something like scrooge Mcduck swimming through his money :lol:

I had 10 bales delivered last week. I must admit I was a bit miffed when I saw how little was there (I'd say it is the equivilent of 2 normal bales from the farm - about £7 worth).
On the plus side though, it's the only hay that I've seen one of my giants eat out of all the varieties I've bought, and strangely enough he's now started eating other types like the oat hay as well!
The dust free stuff is lovely and soft and smells lovely, but I'm hoping Ra will continue eating the other types as the dust free is expensive if you have to have it delivered.
Some people on here have visited "Norman" to collect their hay - I wonder how much cheaper it is if you collect - might be worth me planning a day out in the Potteries and pick some of his hay up whilst I'm there :?

Have you ever tried craming 10 big bags of hay and 10 straw in a taxi? thats what I just did to stock up, both the shop assistant and taxi driver were very surprised to see me with that many, I think they think I'm crazy :lol:

I have to store some in my shed, some in a cupboard, some in a wheelie bin and some in the boot of my car:roll: .

vikki:wave:

I am picturing the buns with that much hey and it looks something like scrooge Mcduck swimming through his money :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: they would be just like that if I didn't find a way of keeping them off the stored hay!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

Have you ever tried craming 10 big bags of hay and 10 straw in a taxi? thats what I just did to stock up, both the shop assistant and taxi driver were very surprised to see me with that many, I think they think I'm crazy :lol:

I have to store some in my shed, some in a cupboard, some in a wheelie bin and some in the boot of my car:roll: .

vikki:wave:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: what we do for our bunnies!!:lol:

I've just ordered 10 bales aswell!! Haven't thought about where its all going to go yet! :lol: :lol:

Can't wait for it to come though as my bunnies loved the last lot.

Nicola

mine came a couple of weeks ago - Snowflake doesnt likeit... and Isaac accepts it just - I was a bit disappointed as I was told they would fill a bin once out of the bag :? Mine defo dont.... I will be going back to the hay Snowflake likes I am afraid - Although I must admit it is deinately dust free! :lol:

i like the hay:D but having seen for myself that its just a normal bale that i would buy myself but divided up and put in fancy bags i am going to be spending my money on more hay- not packaging;) he did say i could have a 'whole' bale for £12 not bagged up which would save me the cost of packaging but then i can buy that for £4 locally anyway and get 3 for the price of 1 !:lol:
nice bloke though and if i couldnt source it elsewhere i would still get some. also im going back for some megazorb as he is my nearest supplier:)
i think hes going to have a great xmas this year spending everybodys money:lol: im not being too sarcastic , honest. its just not ideal for people with multiple buns IMHO.

i like the hay:D but having seen for myself that its just a normal bale that i would buy myself but divided up and put in fancy bags i am going to be spending my money on more hay- not packaging;) he did say i could have a 'whole' bale for £12 not bagged up which would save me the cost of packaging but then i can buy that for £4 locally anyway and get 3 for the price of 1 !:lol:
nice bloke though and if i couldnt source it elsewhere i would still get some. also im going back for some megazorb as he is my nearest supplier:)
i think hes going to have a great xmas this year spending everybodys money:lol: im not being too sarcastic , honest. its just not ideal for people with multiple buns IMHO.

Really? I don't have much choice as I live in the "big smoke" so no farms near by to buy from. I always rely on internet hay suppliers and this guy is the cheapest for me so far with good quality. I was spending £60+ a month for a big box of hay but now I have four bunnies they were going thru it in two weeks so really needed to find something cheaper but not lose out on quality and Dustfree has been it. They love it which is great for my budget!! It defo is dustfree too as I sneeze far less when I'm giving it to them :D

One day I expect to see on the TV somewhere "mad bunny owner crushed by bales of hay" or "the mad bunny owner who uses bales of straw as a sofa - "It seemed easiest as they ate my last sofa""

One day I expect to see on the TV somewhere "mad bunny owner crushed by bales of hay" or "the mad bunny owner who uses bales of straw as a sofa - "It seemed easiest as they ate my last sofa""

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've just ordered another one of the big bales - works out cheaper than the sets of 10 I think.

I ended up buying some storage trunk things that you can keep outside (supposed to be for tools etc!) just because I ran out of room in my shed!

Back