• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do you make sure they eat enough?

Pipstrel

Mama Doe
Ok so Minstrel is a greedy pig and will eat any pellets and veg put in front of him, he eats really quickly and even steals food from Piper even when there is a piece of exactly the same veg next to him. To be honest he could probably do with losing a tiny bit of weight. Piper however tends to nibble for a bit and then wander off so before she comes back again Minstrel has eaten it all! she tends to grab a bit and run off so he can't steal it from her.

She lost a little bit of weight after her spay and i'm sure she is still growing so needs to eat.

How do I stop him from stealing and scaring her off and encourage her to eat. I've tried just seperating them for 10mins or so after i've given them their food but they'd be apart for ages whilst she eats hers. I only shut the run door whilst she is inside and he's out in the lounge but she likes to hop about between bites whereas he just scoffs.

Any ideas?

Sorry for long post :oops:

No ideas but it is a problem I have with one of my group of 4 - Victoria is easily distracted from food, and Primrose is a total hoover - I haven't figured out what to do yet but Victoria's not TOO thin, and Primrose isn't TOO fat, so I guess I'll just leave it for now :?

Back