• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rescues that bond?

honey

Alpha Buck
does anyone know of any rescues that will bond? i want to get a friend for sparky but don't think i'll be able to bond him myself :oops: i'm near cardiff but would be prepared to travel. would be looking for a girl but have no idea how well he'll react :?

sparky.gif

I think most rescues do bond, so it may be worth looking round to find a rescue fairly nearby that will bond.

What I really wanted to say is that Sparky is an absolute stunner :love: :love: :D

Edit: There's a list of rescues in wales here. I don't know which are near you - don't know wales at all :?

x

Last edited:
Sorry, I cant help with suggestions locally, but I just had to say that Sparky is absolutly gorgeous! :love: He has the most beautiful and unusual markings. Good luck in your search for a girly for him.

Hi

I had a call from a lady in Cardiff today....apparently the only rescue near you is in Swansea and they dont neuter their rescues or do bondings.

We do bondings on a regular basis and have a good success rate but it does depend on how far you are willing to travel, and do bear in mind you will probably have to do the journey twice as most rescues board for a few days during bonding.

Hi

I had a call from a lady in Cardiff today....apparently the only rescue near you is in Swansea and they dont neuter their rescues or do bondings.

it's a real problem here, i got in touch with them once about helping out but they weren't very responsive. two rescues in newport don't bond. rabbits are forgotten here :( i know alice in gloucester (where i got sparky) has adopted to lots of people in south wales because of lack of rescues here - althought maybe it's good that there's not many in rescue :)

he's such an unpredictable little bunny that he needs someone really experienced. i've done lots of bondings but won't chance it with him and don't want to bring a bunny home for him to hate her. i think he's lonely though so am really keen to try and find a friend for him :D

:( Can I add myself to Sparky's fan club? :lol: What a gorgeous bunny :love:

I hope you find somewhere who will bond him for you - I have the same problem where I live.

:lol: he doesn't look quite as gorgeous when he's flying at your ankles growling - thank god for wellies! he is mostly good though just a bit unpredictable... just as you think he'll be fine he'll remind you what he can be like. he does love his head rubs though :love:

We are probably too far, we bond. We are in Twickenham. Distance for us is not a problem ... unless it is a problem with you ;)

My sister lives in Newport and I'm staying with her for a month while I'm on a course 24th September onwards, if I can help in anyway just let me know :D

I think there is one in Warwickshire (Janes?) that bonds. Although you may be very lucky like me, now into third day of bonding a neutered girlie to my neutered buck and except for a bit of minor humping, they seem to love each other.

:lol: he doesn't look quite as gorgeous when he's flying at your ankles growling - thank god for wellies! he is mostly good though just a bit unpredictable... just as you think he'll be fine he'll remind you what he can be like. he does love his head rubs though :love:

I am happy to give it a go if you would like and when we have a suitable bunny?

To date I have only had one failed bonding of around 40 but as you say he is difficult so the choice of partner would be important to compliment his character. Also I would recommend expecting a boarding time of around 1 week to ensure success (if intial signs are good).

I think there is one in Warwickshire (Janes?) that bonds. Although you may be very lucky like me, now into third day of bonding a neutered girlie to my neutered buck and except for a bit of minor humping, they seem to love each other.

Yes, Jane Dexter in Warwick does bonding and have an excellent success rate, (I foster for her) if we can help pm me and I will contact Jane for you.

Back