• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tarquin and Bella - U/D - Friday: bonding vibes needed

Becca6

Mama Doe
Hi there :wave:

I wanted to introduce myself, and Bella, to all of you who love Tarquin and have been following his search for a new home. I also fell in love with him the first time I heard about him. At the time my Bella was waiting to be spayed, and although very happy he’d found a new home, I was gutted that it couldn’t be with me. I was very sad to hear that his lovely new home didn’t work out, and feel so sorry for his new family that they haven’t been able to keep him. :cry: I hope that me and Bella can give him the life he so deserves.

I lost my much-loved bun Harvey in June, and Bella came to live with me and my cat Oliver in July. It was sooner than I’d have liked as I was, and still am, devastated at losing Harvey, but I heard about Bella who was then four months old, and she needed a new home as she had been sold as a pair and returned because of her behaviour.

She came to live with me and Oliver and very quickly became territorial in her cage – though not when she was out of it – and she was a biter, kicker, scratcher, growler and lunger, who, like a lot of rabbits, hated being picked up. :? She was spayed just over two weeks ago and I have been waiting for her hormones to settle before finding her a friend with Sooz’s help. The biting and scratching stopped as soon as she was spayed, and she is now happy to let me pick her up to get her out of her cage and put her back in it, though is obviously unhappy at being held too much, but that’s OK. She is a real madam, but she is also the sweetest little thing and she races round the house, torments Oliver, and has great fun, including developing a taste for the doors and bed! :shock: Inbetween all the energy and flying around she is very happy to come and lie next to me and have her ears and nose stroked and I love her to bits. :love:

Sooz has been looking out for a suitable friend for Bella, and we hope that as she is a very lively, adventurous, fearless bunny, that she and Tarquin will get on, and I’m looking forward to him joining us. I will keep you all posted and put some piccies on when he is home with us. :bunny:

Becca :)

Last edited:
Congratulations!! I hope Bella loves Tarquin as much as everyone on here does. I bonded my bun Pippa only 2 weeks after spaying and they bonded immediately, I hope your bonding goes as smoothly :)

Awwwwwwwwww :D I am Tarquin's biggest fan apart from you :lol: Can't wait to see piccies of him in his new home :p

Hi Elve :wave:

I have only recently found this wonderful forum, and I know you have all known of Tarquin for quite a while. He was one of the first bunnies I saw in the RIN section and I loved him at first sight but as Bella hadn't been spayed I could only admire him from afar - knowing that he was with Sooz who I knew came from Sheffield like me (and I've now found out she lives very near to me - I think it's about a ten minute car journey) made me want to rush over and claim him! I was also slightly concerned at the description of him because Bella at that time was being a very territorial bunny and I was worried that she would be too much for him. Finding out yesterday that he needs to be with a lively girlie made me so excited and I hope they will be good for each other.

When I saw your thread yesterday I really wanted to reply saying that I'd spoken to Sooz and reserved him, but I don't have internet access at home and can only view on my mobile.

I have been to Wilkinsons today for some supplies - more pet bed (I saw your thread recommending the Wilkinsons stuff so I've bought that rather than the Vet Bed), some new bottles and bowls.

I'm sure I'll be coming on here for lots of advice - it's the first time I have had two bunnies together and I'm nervous but looking forward to it. I'm just hoping they don't gang up on Oliver too much - he's very very good with rabbits and has been around them since he was a tiny kitten - but Bella is a little obsessed with him and I'm hoping that he doesn't end up with both of them practically hanging onto his tail!!

Oh well I'm useless at bonding so I can't give you any advice there I'm afraid :oops: I have to say I'm glad he has a good home as there's no more room here - although I tried to convince myself I could SQEEEEEEEZE such a tiny bunny in somewhere - dream on! :lol: I'm just near Sheffield too - over to the right, near Rotherham :D

You're not far from me then.

He's definitely coming to a good home. I adore my animals and he's going to be spoilt rotten. I'm just hoping that he and Bella get on!! Although I have a feeling that even if it didn't work out he would end up staying - I do have the space - at the moment! It's a very slippery slope!!! :lol:

You're not far from me then.

He's definitely coming to a good home. I adore my animals and he's going to be spoilt rotten. I'm just hoping that he and Bella get on!! Although I have a feeling that even if it didn't work out he would end up staying - I do have the space - at the moment! It's a very slippery slope!!! :lol:

Tell me about it.....I started off with a single house bunny and had five within a year!!!

Tell me about it.....I started off with a single house bunny and had five within a year!!!

I went from 0 to 28 rabbits and guinea pigs in 7 months :shock: Definitely no more for me now - Tarquin was my last temptation and I must never ever look at rehoming pages again :lol:

I am going to have to be very strict with myself now that I've found the Rabbit in Need section. I ended up with 20+ guinea pigs about eight years ago and it was hard work! I know how easy it is to just take one more little one in!!!! I am down now to six and am very happy with that number.

Hi Sooz :wave:

I'm so giddy! I ran round the house after speaking to you yesterday - Ollie and Bell thought I'd gone mad. Bell was resting in her favourite spot between the bathroom and landing and I went and lay down and told her she was getting a new friend soon. She just sat twitching her nose at me!! Daft aren't I, but I'm so happy - I just hope it all works.

I've just ordered a new pen so that hopefully they can have more room during the day - I'm not quite sure what to put under it though. I'm not worried about the carpet being damaged, I'm worried about the buns being damaged from eating too much of the carpet! Any ideas what I can use to protect them?

Aww, I hope it all works out it sounds like you're really taken with him!

A bit of lino like you use for kitchens is good, just make sure it's big enough to overlap the edge of the run a bit so they can't get at the edges.

Tam

Aww, I hope it all works out it sounds like you're really taken with him!

A bit of lino like you use for kitchens is good, just make sure it's big enough to overlap the edge of the run a bit so they can't get at the edges.

Tam

Isn't it strange - Tarquin is not the sort of bunny I normally end up with. I have usually ended up with medium sized buns with big ears, and Tarquin is a tiny bun with tiny ears, but sounds like he has a huge personality which is the most important thing. There was something about him that I just couldn't resist. :lol:

On the hunt tomorrow for some lino then!

Wilkinsons sell rolls of clear vinyl carpet protector which I masking taped to our carpet when I had Marley in the house. Its £2.99 per roll.

Wilkinsons sell rolls of clear vinyl carpet protector which I masking taped to our carpet when I had Marley in the house. Its £2.99 per roll.

Thanks. I saw that when I went today to get the pet bed stuff but wasn't sure about it. I'll go back tomorrow and get that and some masking tape - I need some anyway because my landing carpet is getting a bit frayed and Bella thinks it's a good game to pull it out - she's not eating it she leaves little piles of it everywhere - and I want to stop her before I have none left!! I'm just hoping that the pen I've got fits in the room - I'm not very good with measurements!! Ah well, I'll make it fit. :lol:

Off home now to take Bell to the vet for her Myxi.

Last edited:
A free ad bunny who was fostered by The Gaffer, came to me, was rehomed last weekend but is too outgoing for his new mate, is coming back to me next weekend, a GP breeder offered to home him yesterday while I was offline and I only found out when Becca6....who had first refusal on him....called me to confirm she wanted him!

Isn't it strange - Tarquin is not the sort of bunny I normally end up with. I have usually ended up with medium sized buns with big ears, and Tarquin is a tiny bun with tiny ears, but sounds like he has a huge personality which is the most important thing. There was something about him that I just couldn't resist. :lol:

On the hunt tomorrow for some lino then!

My nethie Tia was so adorable - I called her my 'Disney bunny' and although she was probably (rescue didn't know) older than all the others she was my permanent 'baby' :D They're so cute when you stroke them too as their little ears are really stiff - so you run your hand over them and their ears 'ping' right back up :lol: Tia died just after Christmas of unknown causes - I'd only had her a year but she was in a bit of a state when rescued :( Be prepared for poo like never before though - they are amazingly productive for such tiny things :shock: Although I say 'no more animals' once this lot have passed on, I do have a fantasy about touring the world with a nethie in my pocket - should just about fit :p

P1010002.jpg

My nethie Tia was so adorable - I called her my 'Disney bunny' and although she was probably (rescue didn't know) older than all the others she was my permanent 'baby' :D They're so cute when you stroke them too as their little ears are really stiff - so you run your hand over them and their ears 'ping' right back up :lol: Tia died just after Christmas of unknown causes - I'd only had her a year but she was in a bit of a state when rescued :( Be prepared for poo like never before though - they are amazingly productive for such tiny things :shock: Although I say 'no more animals' once this lot have passed on, I do have a fantasy about touring the world with a nethie in my pocket - should just about fit :p

Awww Tia's gorgeous - so sorry you lost her. What a lovely face. I'm really looking forward to having a bunny that is so different to what I'm used to - although Bella's ears haven't turned out as I expected - I was told she was a lop!! :?

I'm hoping Tarquin will be as good with a litter tray as Bella is - Harvey never got the hang of using one - he would only go in one area, but if you put a litter tray in his usual spot he would move it away and then go. :roll: I don't mind - I'm used to going round picking it all up!!

I've been into Wilkinsons on my way to work this morning to get carpet protector. Think I'm just about ready now - roll on the 1st September. :)

Last edited:
Tarquin has Moved in

Due to the nightmare Sooz is currently going through, it was decided that I should bring Tarquin home early - although he won't be introduced to Bella until Sooz's quarantine is lifted.

He is currently in a spare cage I have in the kitchen. In a week he will be moved into the same room as Bella so that they can become familiar with each other before they meet. When Sooz is able to help with bonding them Bella and Tarquin will go and stay with her and hopefully they will then come home and live happily with me and Oliver, the cat.

I will add pictures on Tuesday when I can upload them.

Sending good vibes and lots of best wishes to Sooz, Misty and all the other lovely rabbits she cares for so well.

Becca

Last edited:
Oh I'd forgotten he was from Sooz! :shock: Eeep - I hope he's OK - I was just thinking this morning that it was 1st Sept you were getting him - but here he is :p Is he gorgeous? ;)

Back