• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Rescue Needed.

Jonc

New Kit
Hiya, I'm looking for a rabbit rescue centre in Cornwall or SW England:
We have a few domestic (white) rabbits living wild in the narrow stretch of green belt behind our garden. We do not know from where they originated.
Recently a baby rabbit has moved in behind our shed and looks like it intends to stay, unfortunately it's getting too big and we are not able to adopt it.

Our original intention was to just let it move out when it felt so inclined, but as it seems to have little fear of people and wild animals (squirrels, magpies etc) I'm not sure it would last long.

Ideally I would like to find a home for the creature but have had no takers from my son's friends so any advice would be appreciated.

I know there's hardly any in that part of the UK - which is probably why they are being abandoned to fend for themselves in the first place :( The yellow pages can also list some smaller rescues under animal welfare, and sometimes classifieds in your local free paper might have a listing under pets. Be careful they're not just taken to feed someone's snake/dog though :(

Back