• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

zeb trouble - think its time for a friend

we went out for the night on saturday and didnt get home until 2pm yesterday. my mum fed the bunnies saturday evening and at 9am yesterday but when we got back, it was obvious that zeb was really miserable and had been lonely.

he'd also peed all over the settee on the side where i normally sit :( i've had to clean the cushions etc. i put them back on hoping it was a one off but he's done it again during the night so i've had to put him back in a pen (he's been free range for 3 weeks now)

its quite obvious he needs a friend and i always wanted to pair him with frida but he hates her.

what do i do? do i try the bonding with frida and risk them both getting badly injured? do i take him to a rescue and try him with does there? (he can be really aggressive towards other rabbits, but im sure there must be a doe out there for him). advice appreciated.

What's led you to think he hates Freda? And what's his aggressive history with other rabbits? Just trying to understand him better :)

Sofa marking is quite common. They seem to like them :roll: so no guarantee a gf will stop him :(

he's never marked the sofa before and i think its more to do with him being quite clingy with me

when we first got zeb - we tried putting him next to frida in the same room - and he always used to go for her. every time they are near each other (in the garden, in the kitchen or even in the car) he goes mental - he snorts, and tries to get to her and has attacked her in the past. frida is completely terrified of him now so im really unsure about risking attempting a bonding - i dont want her to have an attack of GI stasis due to the stress of it all.

i've spoken to angie (bunnymadhouse) today and once i get back from greece i think he's going to go and visit some of her bunnies and we'll try to find him a bunny girlfriend :)

Goodluck :D

Rabbits are quite territorial so if another rabbit comes up to their imagined territory boundary line they'll act very aggressive. Pop them on neutral territory with a compatible rabbit tho and they usually act quite differently so hopefully going dating should sort him out with a lady :D

Tam

Back