• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

neutered male buuny bonding

~Splottifer~

Warren Scout
I have tried searching for this but the search engine kept turning down my searches as impossible to find :S think it may be my brain not working properly though so sorry if this is a repeat of someone else's question.....

I get the impression its not considered a good idea to try and bond neutered bucks? is this the case or is it just me? Seems like most of the bunnies for rehoming are offered for opposite sex only "husbuns or bunbrides"

I'm only asking because all the does I like seem to be reserved and I keep going "oooohhh that ones gorgeous - oh its a neutered male whoops!" :rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong I'm not so impatient for a friend for Splott that I'd try and put him with an unsuitable companion - just curious really ;)

Two bucks are the most likely combination to fight instead of bond when introduced. They're also the most likely to fall out later on in a 'relationship'.

Neutering helps but you still need to be very warry about introducing them as they can inflict pretty nasty injuries.

My recommendation is, if you already own two neutered bucks then carefully trying an intro's a good idea. If you own one buck and are looking for a partner, go for a girl :)

Sometimes it does seem like there are periods of shortages of does or shortages of bucks. You'll find the right bun eventually tho :)

Tam

Back