• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

40+ Bunnys On Free-ad's =[

No, someone who is looking for a buck and doe...

i think its awful that people advertise on there. They are making profit and i cannot imagine they give any care info to the people they sell to.

I wish I had the guts to ring up and enquire about this and find out why she has so many... I know it's obvious, but with that in mind - it'd be worrying to know what condition they're in.

i remember once me and my boyf was driving back from town, this was when we only had Peanut Butter & Jelly, and i saw a peice of metal with 'free rabbits and hutches' painted on it. We slowed down and the house was AWFUL. outwide was old pet carriers going green, old veg piled up outside with stale veg etc etc, the place just had loads of cr*p EVERYWHERE. ross said to me'you dont want one from here it looks gross' and i said 'its not that, it breaks my heart that bunnies are living there' the people wernt in so i peered over the gate, stacked up were caged, little bunnies, some with babies, up tot hree full grown ones in 'regular# sized huitches. (bu regular i mean pet shop regular, rubbishy things) We left as there was nothing more i could do. 1 week later i read in the paper that 33 rabbits were takin from a house in appauling conditions on the same road..hmm coincidence? i think not. I just dont see why people chuck an ad online, or stick a sign outside when it BLATANTLY isnt good enough. They should at least have the decency to take them to a rescue! grrrr sorry rant over! this posrt just reminded me!

i remember once me and my boyf was driving back from town, this was when we only had Peanut Butter & Jelly, and i saw a peice of metal with 'free rabbits and hutches' painted on it. We slowed down and the house was AWFUL. outwide was old pet carriers going green, old veg piled up outside with stale veg etc etc, the place just had loads of cr*p EVERYWHERE. ross said to me'you dont want one from here it looks gross' and i said 'its not that, it breaks my heart that bunnies are living there' the people wernt in so i peered over the gate, stacked up were caged, little bunnies, some with babies, up tot hree full grown ones in 'regular# sized huitches. (bu regular i mean pet shop regular, rubbishy things) We left as there was nothing more i could do. 1 week later i read in the paper that 33 rabbits were takin from a house in appauling conditions on the same road..hmm coincidence? i think not. I just dont see why people chuck an ad online, or stick a sign outside when it BLATANTLY isnt good enough. They should at least have the decency to take them to a rescue! grrrr sorry rant over! this posrt just reminded me!

Unfortunately many rescues deal with situations like this on a regular basis, often sharing out rabbits between a group of rescues to prevent them from becoming overloaded. There are a number of rescues who will say that they have met a number of people who say they 'rescue' animals who end up in the same situation. There problem stems from not being able to refuse an animal where they could perhaps offer to take them in at a future date when their numbers have gone down or offer them details of other rescues who may be able to help AND they may be unable to rehome of the animals they take in. Many of these poor animals ending up in a situation which could be far worse than they previsouly were in.

Back