• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Barn Buns

Teal'c

Alpha Buck
Here are the two bunnies that live out at the barn where I work. Their owner wants to get rid of them but no one will take them because they have not been handled since they came home for Easter a few years ago. They don't even have names.

DSCF0529.jpg

DSCF0524.jpg

DSCF0523.jpg

I washed them because they were a bit mangy so this is what they look like cleaned up. They were actually okay with the bath, okay with being petted, okay with being picked up...In fact, they were doing so well I put them in an empty stall to hop around since they haven't left that little cage in years I believe and that's when the black one went nuts. He (?) started attacking the grey one and then came after me. When I tried to take the grey one away he started to protect him (?). Once the grey one was back in the cage the black one was still totally cranky and I had to throw a towel over him to catch him without losing my fingers.

Maybe it was something I did wrong. I don't really know much about bunny psychology. I didn't do all this at once though because I knew enough to not stress them out.

Anyone have any ideas for what to name them at least? I hate referring to them as Bunny One and Bunny Two.

Anyone want them? They just sit there all day with nothing to do in the crazy Texas weather. It get's below freezing in the winter and 110F in the summer.

Good luck with finding them a new home, I hope the rescues can help. They should have a better live than shut in there. Well done for trying to help them x

Thats really sad :cry: They dont even have names :cry: I would report the owners, or if they want rid just see if a rescue can take the buns. Is that the cage they havent been out of in two years? It looks so empty. They cant be confortable on a wire floor and it doesnt look like they have any hay :cry:

That's terrible. The cage has a wire floor and must make their feet sore. Ihope you manage to sort something out for them.

I suspect the dark one got a bit territorial, and perhaps putting him in an open space made him uneasy?

Oh I know names, Midnight - for the dark one, and Dusk for the grey one? :D

Well they look in good condition anyway - hope they find a good home :(

If they are both unneutered they will likely fight over any new territory, so they are fine in their area, but will have to re-negotiate who's boss in anywhere new.

Poor buns :( Hope you manage to find a home for them.

He probably felt unsafe and uneasy being in an open area if he's been stuck in a cage all his life.

x

Their poor wee feet, they have no hay either or anything :cry: thats so sad, i definatly would report the owners! thats ridiculous the poor wee buns. xx

Back