• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Not rabbits but new hamsters

Kezza30

Warren Veteran
Here are my adoptee's from P@H, which i should probably stop shoppingat so much i was recognised twice this weke by the assistant manager, lol though he was nice enough to as how they had settled :) I adopted these 2 sweeties on Friday

Here is Maizey.

DSCF0261.jpg

DSCF0266.jpg

and this is Lulu deffinatly the most scared out of the two.

DSCF0272.jpg

DSCF0270.jpg

they where together but where split p for fighting, Lulu looks a tad smaller so i think maybe Maizey was bullying her abit.

Oh and her is another one of my hamsters Fudge i ought him last month but never posted any pics.

DSCF0257.jpg

I just love cute little hammies but since i ahve 10 it's probably obvious:lol:

The women who got them for me was just told thy had to be split up for fighting and that the owners could not no take care of them anymore, 2 hamsters are hardly time consuming. :rolleyes:

Probably never been handled a day i ther lives cos there so scared excet the few times the memberof staff hav been handling them.

They're lovely, I love hamsters as well particularly Syrians, Fudge is very cute! I have had my Syrian for three months now, he lets me stroke his back, but whenever I try to pick him up, he jumps off. Any tips on getting him to be pickupable?!

Do you pick him up or let him walk on your hands, i put y hands by the cage door and let them walk on by there free will but they won't let me go in a pick them up by my hands, funny things.

He may just need more encourging, i ahve one who' still nervous bout being held a year later and Fudge is glad to be held after only a month.

My cage is top opening only so he can't walk onto my hands with them being outside the cage, if I put my hands in he won't walk on them, just sniffs them and goes away again. I let him have a run about in the bath every day and can cup him with my hands and pick him up in there, but straightaway he jumps off them, he is a very quick little hammy! Maybe he will get better as he gets older or maybe as you say some aren't keen on being held.

I have 2 dwarfs in a top opening cage, i wouldn't dare put my hands in though cos they come out with 2 hamsters clinging on my fingers by there teeth:shock: :lol:

With them i use a toilet tube, put it in there cage and wait for them to go inside then lift it up and they wil then walk on to my hand without eating my fingers :)

They're lovely, I love hamsters as well particularly Syrians, Fudge is very cute! I have had my Syrian for three months now, he lets me stroke his back, but whenever I try to pick him up, he jumps off. Any tips on getting him to be pickupable?!

Boots was like that, it was quite stressful, i don't know what happened but one day he was suddenly 'pick-up-able' (as you put it so well). Maybe it was is age.

But when he was hoppy, we just scooped him up and held him securely with one hand on top of him.

:D

Last edited:
Back