• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Me and Buster wish to say goodbye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kylie541

Warren Veteran
Me and Buster have decided no longer to be regular posters on this forum. So goodbye everyone. :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

inthegarden010-1.jpg

inthegarden019.jpg

Honestly? I think it is a lovely forum but I worry about what I can write. I worry what people think of the way I care for him. I posted an innocent comment before saying that I vaccinate, panacur, feed Buster naturals and let him have plastic toys I am a bad mother I was laughing as I wrote it as I mean he is so spoilt and has everying and I would never consider panacur a gimmick personally. Someone posted back saying what did I mean a vaccination was hardly a gimmick and I did say it was if that makes sense. I didn't take any notice of who wrote it but why post a comment like that? Everybody knows I vaccinate as it's essential.

The more I read the more I realise what a bad mummy I am to him. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Don't go! You don't have to answer to anyone, it's your life and your bun, and frankly you seem like a great mummy! Don't let some sweeping statement by someone who types faster than their brain works scare you off. They obviously don't understand your sense of humour! :lol:

Awww it's a shame you've taken someone's comments so much to heart it's spoiling your right (yes you have a right!) to be here too :( We all have different views on this forum and discussion shouldn't be taken personally - I've been criticised for keeping single bunnies and not spaying my female rabbits, and I did feel upset at the time but now I don't care what anyone thinks of my way of keeping rabbits - they are perfectly happy and my beliefs are obviously not in line with the majority on here - but I accept that is just forum life - not everyone will agree with you, and not everyone will like you, but you can still learn a lot and have fun. Hope you stay :)

Altho i dont think you should leave, i do understand youre point very well. On another forum, i posted that i got domino a girlfriend etc etc, and sume posted a message saying 'Dont be so irresposnible, domino has only just been neutured od he WILL get your female pregnant, i know they look cute together but be mature and wait til hes recovered'
and i was like 'er pebbles has been spayed so he cant actually' and they put 'oh phew thats good, im very relieved' and i was like? what gives you the right to lecture me, and be 'relieved' its none of your business! also many people judge me for not getting my female spayed, i lost an animal tp syaing so i wont do it to her,thats why i neutured my boy and adopted a female that was spayed before i got her. my point is some people dont accept what you believe if it isnt the same as them. You have to rise above these people, and ignore them, i know some people judge me bcus my bunnies are housed outside for example...the list goes on. So if you do decide to leave, i do understand, but personally i think you should stay! sorry for the essay! x

Don't take what other people say to heart. I don't know you, but I can tell that you are a good mummy and love Buster so much. Hope you stay :) xxx

I have just started posting again after not for a long time as I felt quite intimidated by some posts. I have posted about rabbits at a farm I work on and have often been told that they must see a vet immediately but as they are not my animals I have no control and by posting questions I am doing all that I can. Just because someone doesn't agree with the way you do something it doesn't mean that it's wrong! I was criticised for having a single rabbit but I got him when he was 7 and I felt that it was in his interests to remain a single rabbit. He lived until he was 13 and could hurdle a metre at 12! I sadly don't have a rabbit anymore and will not have one until I have finished University. I have a 3 month old rescue hamster called Snoopy! Stick with it there are some extremely knowledgeable people and you can get excellent advice. When my rabbit was diagnosed with kidney problems I took diet advice from some forum members and my rabbit went on to live another 2years and was happy and healthy.

Please don't stop posting :(

I don't know the posts you're referring to, but things we say can easily be taken the wrong way - it doesn't mean you've done anything wrong :? Sounds like it was a bit of a misunderstanding to me :?

Gosh, if we all left after we'd had a disagreement or a difference of opinion with someone else on the forum there would be no-one left :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think the problem with this forum, and all forums, is that people have different beliefs, traditions and ways of treating their rabbits - and people become set in their ways and believe that the way they do things is the only way - which is why people appear to be over opinionated about things on here and try to enforce there ideas on to other people. I remember, not long after I joined, making a thread about a rescue centre I had encountered - who were treating me differently because of the fact I am a student... in the thread I also mentioned about all the rabbits being overweight - to which I was shot down because of. I was stating a fact, and I wasn't wanting an arguement.. but again, peoples beliefs and strong standings let them cloud the judgements made by other people.

Please don't leave the forum Kylie, from reading your posts you are a good bunny mum. I think it takes someone responsible and caring to join a forum such as this and ask proper questions - I know this forums probably saved me some money which I'd have used taking the boys to the vets before now - until I came on here for advice. I think, at some point, most of us will have felt intimidated by a response to one of our threads/posts but if we all decided to leave.. there'd be no Rabbits United forum - so lets all work together and continue to help each other out, just have the satisfaction of knowing you're doing a great job (your buns vaccinated, looks healthy, etc etc.. you have nothing to feel bad about)

Lou x

I think, as others have pointed out, some people can be quite opinionated. and when someone doesn't agree, or do things their way, things can be said that can often seem almost hurtful.

You're a good rabbit mummy. Of course you are. You care enough about your rabbit to let this upset you. Obviously you care about him.

& your rabbit is very handsome. ^^ My mum walked past as I opened this thread, and went, 'Look at the fur on top of his head - he looks like our Amber!' Except, Amber is an orange/brown colour, but she looks a lot like him apart from that. Hehe.

Ahhh no dont stop posting, i have just posted in the other thread, i have only just seen this one. Dont let other peoples commets affect your time on here.

hi! i agree with everyone- don't go!! i've had a comment that irratated me a lot at first, but then i realised that i know i love my bunnies and would do anything for them. Everyone does things differently and i'm sure you're a fantastic bunny mummy! plis, i agree - your bunny i sooo cute!!

hope you stay! x:D

Hi Kylie :wave:

Please don't leave the forum, you seem such a nice lady, i know sometimes people can post things that can be hurtful and upsetting, but really don't take it to heart :) :) x

:cry: Oh please dont leave!:cry: I have got upset over a few things I have read on here, but everyone has different views on here...:roll: Thing is, I strongly believe, that if you truly love your pets and strive to do the best you can for them then you are a fabulous mummy!!!:lol: And your rabbit is gorgeous and I would like you to stay, so we can see more of him!!!:lol:

aww, please don't go :(
We all have differant veiws on care here, but it's your bunny and you know how you think he should live. I bet your bunny is a very happy little boy and is very spoilt ;) he is lucky to have a mummy like you :)
Don't take what has been said in that thread to heart :)
Beth.
xxxxxx

dont leave...buster will miss all the nice comments off us sayiing how cute he looks on the pics!!!! lol seriously dont go as your knowledge is as valuable as any other. my rab is a single bun. no im not cruel she hates other rabs..got quite funny after her sis died n really doesnt want a replacement. someone made a comment about what awfull advice someone had given on something else...but it is an OPINION. we all have them but in acrisis we have to unite...rabbits united....and help keep all the buns happy! :) stick with us we not a bad lot we just all want every bun tobe as happyas ours and sometimes say things without thinkin no one wants to upset anyone so please stay xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back