• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

7 year old doe - in for spay today

chloaster

Warren Veteran
This beautiful girl is looking for an older gentlebun to spend the rest of her days with. She's not spayed and at the age of 7 I'm not sure it would be the best thing for her. (opinions welcome) She's a friendly girl but likes to keep her feet on the floor, is happy inside or out and will be myxi vax'd before she goes to her new home.

http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/moreinfo.asp?RabID=9632

Snowdrop
SNOWDROPS.jpg

Last edited:
Awwwww she is lovely :D
Not sure about the spay :? I would def' get bloods and a chest X-ray done before putting her through surgery.
Christobel spayed a 7 year old ARC Bun last week and all was OK

Janex

Awwww, she'd be ideal for my 11-year old Popsel, but a bunny run to Germany would be a bit difficult. :( Hope she finds a lovely home. I think abbymarysmonkey is looking for a girlfriend for her oldie boy (10 years old), might be worth asking her.

i wouldnt put her through that at her age, i would leave her be, and just find someone who is prepared to give her love for the rest of her days the way she is. :)

Aw!! She is lovely! Not sure about the spay! Its a shame about my lack of resources at the moment, cos she would be ideal for Raffles (neutered and jabbed) as he so laid back he horizontal and at 7 too, they could spend twilight years together:( Good luck with finding her a home!!:)

Snowdrop is now vax'd a ready to go to a new home. She arrived at ours today, and is a friendly girl although she's not keen on being picked up it seems to panic her. She still needs to lose some weight and doesn't have much muscle definition and tires easily but has been given a clean bill of health by the vet and her teeth were great. Looking at them she couldn't believe she was 7years old!

Crashed out on the sofa!

CIMG8643.jpg

CIMG8647.jpg

Thanks for the link Tamsin, Snowdrop is a bigger rabbit unfortunately, weighing in at 3kg. Someone is interested in offering her a home though so fingers crossed please for this little lady. She went to the vets yesterday for a full MOT and has been given a clean bill of health. My bunny vet said she'd be happy to spay her too so depending on her poss adopters thoughts on it we might go ahead. She is territorial but fine once she's out of "her space"

We wanted to see how she got on with other rabbits seeing as she's always been a single girlie so I comandered Charlie, my easy going lad, and introduced them briefly. She snorted at him a few times but he ignored her so she just snuggled up to him!! I think she'll be fine with a man of her own!! :love:

CIMG8663.jpg

Snowdrop has definately got a new home and her new Mum is in agreement with getting her spayed so she is going in Monday. Please say a prayer for her not only as she goes in but for her recovery too :D

Aww I hope she goes ok with her spay

Can I ask - and please don't see this as criticism as I'm genuinely interested - why have you decided to spay a 7 year old rabbit who looks like she'll bond with a male? For me I think the risk would be too great to put her through an operation on her age, I'd be too worried

Back