• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Online shopping for Bunnies

emilyarc

Warren Scout
Hi,
Does anyone know of any websites that are free delievery. I want to buy some carefresh and bunnie hay and treat balls etc but when you add delievery it does not seem worth it! So does anyone have a good website for bunnie products that does not have expensive delievery charges?
Thanks!

I buy most of my things from the Hay Experts, their delivery charge depends on the weight, but I usually pay less than 5 Pounds for delivery. If you order enough things at the same time, then the postage won't matter so much. At least they always tell me on which day my parcel will arrive and they are fast and friendly.

Zooplus have free delivery when you order for more than 29 Pounds.

hay experts are great and bunny basics, i dont know of any sites without postage costs, i think hay experts are quite reasonable for postage:D

The hay experts, bunnybasics and pampered piggies are all really good :D I dont know of anywhere that is free delivery but its never cost too much when I have ordered from these places and im in the channel islands :D

Sorry no way you would get free del unless it is a first order special sort of thing.
Delivery cost so much that unless we were selling as much as amazon there is no way we can get prices down enough to offer it free. As it is we charge less than than it costs us.

With the weight of carefresh (1kg) your best bet would be to buy in bulk that way the delivery charge works out cheaper. Its the same way ot works when we order, the more we buy the cheaper the overall cost.

To offset the cost of delivery we we now only offer Next day services (that we feel provides the best vale for your money).

Sorry no way you would get free del unless it is a first order special sort of thing.

The site I get my animal feed from does free deliveries for orders over £30 so it is possible ;) They don't really do much in the way of bunny things though so no good in this circumstance though

I don't mind paying up to £5 if I get plenty of stuff, compared to driving somewhere and paying for petrol/parking or catching a bus delivery costs really aren't that much.

I don't mind paying up to £5 if I get plenty of stuff, compared to driving somewhere and paying for petrol/parking or catching a bus delivery costs really aren't that much.

Very true. I also get a lot of my groceries delivered for that reason. At least the heavy stuff.

Hi there, I'm sure www.petplanet.co.uk do free delivery on orders over £45, not sure if you wanted to spend that much!

Personally I haven't used them yet but I'm panning on getting some vetbed gold from there, it seems to be the best priced on the web.

Hiya, if you go on ebay, and then look under shops and fin Merlins Mail Order Pet Supplies, they do free delivery after i think £30, but sometimes if your studd doesnt add to that ammount they doa discount depending on what you buy, and they have shops great stuff you dont see in pet shops! x

Delivery cost so much that unless we were selling as much as amazon there is no way we can get prices down enough to offer it free. As it is we charge less than than it costs us.

With the weight of carefresh (1kg) your best bet would be to buy in bulk that way the delivery charge works out cheaper. Its the same way ot works when we order, the more we buy the cheaper the overall cost.

To offset the cost of delivery we we now only offer Next day services (that we feel provides the best vale for your money).

It will be my first order......

Yes! I think i will. But would you recomment Hay experts as i wud love to try the sample packs of hay and the vine balls. Do most bunnies like these?

The site I get my animal feed from does free deliveries for orders over £30 so it is possible

I wasnt saying its NOT possible just not many places that do do it.

Here are a few questions you will need to ask youself.

Are the prices I am paying for the items the same as other places sell them for as most places that offer either very low or free shipping will pad the prices to claw back some of there loss.

What service will it be sent on? Normally its the cheapest service availible. (cheap services normally mean more damages over a set period of time for the retailer) And delivery can take anything up to 5 days.

Now the alternative.

Pay a fair price for shipping and pay the RRP for items. Have your items sent on a next working day service.

We have always been up front over how much we charge the customer for shipping V How much it costs us to actually send it. As it is we for example make a loss on shipping on EVERY order we send out.

But there is no way we can offer free shipping on all orders over a set amount. e.g. £30. Ill explain why.

Any item over a set size or set weight (1kg) costs about £6.60 to send with 98% of carriers. I'm happy to absorb a £ here and there but no way most companies can absorb that as a loss on every order above £30 as the margins are not there. Pet products are not big ticket items like electricals etc so there are not huge margins to play with.

There is however a point where all that changes VOLUME. the more you send the cheaper each item costs to send + the more the retailer buys the cheaper the products cost it. Once you get to a set point a retailer will be able to buy the products at anything up to 30% + cheaper than joe blogs pet shop. they will also get to a volume of dispatches that brings the cost of shipping down to sub £4. then it is possible to offer free shipping.

Thanks everyone! I have order from Hay experts as they had the most things i wanted! I can't wait till it arrives! Does anyone know the usual time it takes?

I ordered for the first time on all the products:
Megazorb
2x large vine balls
Taster selection pack
4x small vine balls
Natural Willoe chew sticks
2x meduim vine balls
Apple snacks

Excited!!! :D :p :oops:

Thanks everyone! I have order from Hay experts as they had the most things i wanted! I can't wait till it arrives! Does anyone know the usual time it takes?

Megazorb
2x large vine balls
Taster selection pack
4x small vine balls
2x meduim vine balls
Apple snacks

I usually get mine the next day and im in Jersey :lol: So it wont be long ;)

Megazorb
2x large vine balls
Taster selection pack
4x small vine balls
2x meduim vine balls
Apple snacks

You should receive an e-mail from them once the parcel has dispatched and if it comes via courier (anything heavier than 2 kilos or so will), then they tell you on which day the courier will deliver it. I've never waited more than 2 days, I think. Guess your parcel will arrive on Tuesday. :D

GReat!!:cry: The day i am out all day seeing my sis at uni!!! Hopefully no one will steal it from the outside of my house!

Back