• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Coffee..

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
Some of you may have read about Coffee who was speyed and managed to undo her stitches twice..both times out of hours!:shock:
first time she was re stitched and we put a baby vest on her tied round with a wide bandage....
looks like she's off to Judo!
Coffeejudo.jpg

well despite having a bit of sedation she had the vest, bandage and new stitches off within four hours:shock:
back to vet where she had a GA to debride and re stitch..had more sedation and we customised a collar for her
Here she is today just before we removed it for her exercise
Coffeenab.jpg

and with my hubby who looks a bit wary as she had spent about 20 mins trying to groom then remove his beard!:lol:
Coffeena.jpg

enjoying her time-out
Coffeen.jpg

and peed-off again as collar had to g back on
Coffeenabc.jpg

Due to the now large scar she has she will have to keep the collar on for at least another 4 days to prevent her picking at herself..she will then hopefully be offered a new home as she is a nice..but naughty..girl!:D

I love naughty bunnies. :lol: My boyfriend just looked at the photos and asked whether she was a rex. She does seem to have quite short fur, are the other bunnies in the litter the same? Is she a sister of beetle or are the urgent fosters from different mothers? Forgot where they originally came from. :oops:

I love naughty bunnies. :lol: My boyfriend just looked at the photos and asked whether she was a rex. She does seem to have quite short fur, are the other bunnies in the litter the same?

nope the others are the hotot marked and english x's!..Beetle and co!.. Coffee is the odd one out!

I'm sure I saw a picture posted on RU from someone (possibly in America or Canada) that had a rabbit that had to wear a collar, but instead of the sort we use it looked like a clowns ruff, made out of fabric that was possibly noisy (made a crinkly noise) when the rabbit moved.
It looked far more comfortable than the traditional ones we use, but I haven't been able to track it down since.

My BB had to be restitched twice after her spay as her body dissolved the Viacryl sutures internally within a week and she ruptured both times, so I feel sorry for poor Coffee. I hope she leaves her stitches alone long enough to heal!

Awww she is gorgeous, bless her. Her in that little jumper!!:love: :rabbit2: I've always liked the idea of adopting a rex....I blame Jane..:oops:;) :lol: :lol:

Oh my Jill, she looks like she has grown. I had to change the cage she was originally in as she worked out how to open the first one !!!!!!!! Yep, she bit the bar, pulled back and it released the lock !!!!!! Bella and Butterfly didn't work it out, just Coffee. I could not believe it - she is lovely though.

I'm sure I saw a picture posted on RU from someone (possibly in America or Canada) that had a rabbit that had to wear a collar, but instead of the sort we use it looked like a clowns ruff, made out of fabric that was possibly noisy (made a crinkly noise) when the rabbit moved.
It looked far more comfortable than the traditional ones we use, but I haven't been able to track it down since.

My BB had to be restitched twice after her spay as her body dissolved the Viacryl sutures internally within a week and she ruptured both times, so I feel sorry for poor Coffee. I hope she leaves her stitches alone long enough to heal!

I think that might have been Crue bun? I seem to remember that too, I think it was blue? I'll have a look throught the threads.

Have to say I love that first piccie in the baby vest. She looks like butter wouldn't melt.....:D
Found it.

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=95195

Last edited:
Just make sure she's out of sight when Karen, Leanne and I do our bunnyru to you on the 12th!!:lol: :lol: Rog might come along as well and he's the softest of all so check his pockets on exit!

Awww she's lovely :love:

Hope she heals up soon so she doesn't have to wear the light shade for too long! :lol:

Back