• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice re: foot matts

chloaster

Warren Veteran
Any ideas on how to get rid of these foot matts on Lynx? The others were far enough away from the foot that I could cut them off but these are well and truely welded to the foot! :? Any ideas or are they best left alone - not too sure? Thanks

CIMG8597.jpg

might be best to leave them and just keep trying to loosen them a bit and see if they gradually come off.
The problem with cutting off/removing them if they are close to the actual foot is that it will then leave the base of the foot un protected and he may develop sore feet...:?

Thanks guys - just didn't want them to get worse - Good thought Jill; I'll try and loosen them up a bit but keep the scissors clear!:D

I use a cat fine flea comb, its hard to describe but I kind of back-comb and ease the excessive/knots out. Marcel seems to get to much fur on his back feet and if I leave them the excess fur starts to bend over the one side of his foot (if that makes sense) and then his foot isn't properly flat if I dont brush his feet. Just one foot of Marcel's is the equivalent to 1 grooming session with Eddie with the amount of fur that comes off them but thankfully he actually enjoys his feet being done and he lifts his foot for me:lol: :lol: :lol: you can tell he feels better after though as he bounds around:lol: :lol: must feel like us having stones in our shoes:cry: I think some buns are just prone to having excessivey furry feet.

When I first realised I had a problem, I phoned Tracy asking how many toes they had:oops: :oops: then she explained to me that his feet needed grooming and that she has had buns with the same problem:lol:

I agree, I wouldn't cut them off, they can be eased out with a comb. If it is poo then a good wet soft sponge should get most of it off and then the comb would do the rest.

Welcome to the world of space hopper feet:lol: :lol:

Welcome to the world of space hopper feet:lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: Thanks Denny!! It's not poo it's literally matted fur so don't think I'd be able to get a comb through it. I've tried teasing it out a bit and not got too far but I'll try a little every day and hopefully it'll come good :D

Back