• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fur, fur everywhere!

casu consulto

Mama Doe
Ew. The feeling of a strand of fur being stuck on my tongue... or, a white strand of fur touching my eye and it's so hard to locate and pull away...

Barney's been moulting for, ooh... nearly four weeks now? :? It's honestly the biggest moult I've witnessed him have so far. I've had him now for just over a year. And despite reading how rabbits moult from their nose and then down their backs, then their tummies? Well, there's a clear line along his back now - he's a dutch, and it's rather noticable where longer, darker fur remains and the shorter, surprisingly lighter coloured fur is. But he never finished moulting around his head - it's like the head bit paused. He had thicker fur from half way up his nose, to around his ears. So I was sat outside with him, my head practically in his hutch (he likes making me practically crawl in with him, the imp) plucking loose fur from his head. Which he loves - he gets that dopey, half-closed eyes look on his face and starts doing that tooth purr. Anyway!

I'm sure he's turning back to his light brownish colour. We have an organic free trade (I was impressed!) pineapple in the kitchen ready later. My dad keeps asking why we have it. :roll:

My lot seem to have been moulting for months too - I'm on my 2nd jar of bromelain tablets and all 4 girls lined up patiently outside the backdoor this morning for their 'pineapple sweeties' :lol: They looked soooooo cute!

I can sympathise, Smokey is still moulting and I'm sick of pulling her fur out of my eye!

Bromain tablets from Holland and Barrett or Papaya ones from Oxbow are really helpful in preventing a build up of fur.

my bun is the total opposite - if i try to remove his moulting fur he gets very annoyed and runs away. for some reason he HATES it when i brush or pluck at him. and he seems to moult all year round. if i ever cuddle him when i'm wearing black, i get absolutely covered (he's smoked pearl grey).

i know, let's shave them!! ;) hehe.

gurbles as a mum I LOVE your sig :lol:

lol it's written on a funny calender i have and it made me laugh. some parents might find it offensive but just as long as they know i'm only kidding it's ok. i would love to have a baby someday (but don't tell my bun, he would be horrified!)

Back