• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thumping!

My Dad just called me down to say theres a cat sat on the windowsill of the animal room, I opened the window to chase it off, when I shut the window Kovu thumped in his house...I shut the blind and turned the light off but can still hear him thumping. I've been down to comfort him and give him some food but hes still thumping...what could of upset him? Is there anything I can do for him?
Being a house bunny I'd obviously like him to stop asap before it gets too late as we dont want him thumping while trying to sleep!
Just wish I knew whats upset him :(

It's probably the cat that's startled Kovu, I'm sure he will settle down shortly.

I remember putting Spongebob, my hamster, in to her ball and let her roll around the room in it... Jamie saw it and started thumping, so I just moved Spongebob in to the hallway.

Ive just sat with him and he looks terrified :( Even though the problem has gone and I've left him in a quiet dark room.
Hes upsetting me cos hes thumping so much and is obviously scared :(
Is there anything at all I can do to calm him down?

My rabbit's sometimes thump if an unfamiliar cat enters the garden. Barney trusts me - crazy boy! - so when I tell him it's okay, he immediately relaxes. Have you tried talking softly to him? Perhaps doing this whilst offering him a treat? He might just be upset still over the cat & need distracting.

He's probably just wound himself up... If talking to him doesn't help, perhaps being left alone in the quiet might? :? Tricky little imps, aren't they, rabbits?

He stopped thumping for a while while I was downstairs, I came back up and crept around gteting ready for bed, he thumped once and has been quiet again since so *fingers crossed* Im going to bed now and hes shut in a dark quiet-ish (other animals are in there too) roomso lets hope hes calmed down bless him!

Sometime Rosie takes ages to stop thumping if she has been spooked by something - long after the 'danger' has gone :rolleyes: Hope he is ok now!

Daisy does this, too......if something startles or upsets her, she will thump for AGES! Hopefully Kovu is settling now and you can all get a good night's sleep!:D

Back