• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

am i being inpatient!?

Beatrix Potter

Mama Doe
awwww emailed a lady on the rabbit rehome forum a few days ago as spotted 'squirrel' a male bunny who looked wild which I thought would be nice as my bunny IS wild. He looked lovely, so emailed about him asking if if was possible for me to rehome him as about 80 miles away. The lady said it was, so I emailed back bombarding her with questions re the process and then being impatient emailed again this morning asking if she had got my emails and I still haven't heard....

hope she doesn't change her mind :cry: he looks adorable:D

sorry for garbled message but sneakily doing this at work :oops:

I've always found it best to phone rescues and have a proper chat about things - it shows you are seriously interested and you can get a much better idea of things - just keep trying at different times of day if you can't get through as obviously looking after a lot of animals is very time-consuming :)

I prefer it when people call.....its more direct and questions can be dealt with immediatley without long pauses inbetween wondering if messages have got lost or if they are no longer interested.

It also gives a better indication of the type of person you are dealing with. That said I have found some fantastic homes intially contacted by TEXT message!

Phoning(is that how you spell it? It looks wrong) usually works better.

Some rescues don't run their own website (they get someone else to), so they may not get the emails regularly.

Phoning(is that how you spell it? It looks wrong) usually works better.

Some rescues don't run their own website (they get someone else to), so they may not get the emails regularly.

It does LOOK wrong but it IS right! Just looks odd, it did to me last time I typed it! Think its because we tend to use the word ringing more.

The reason I have emailed is because the lady is NOT a rescue, she is a volunteer for a rescue and has the bunnies at her house.

I sometimes prefer emailing anyway because I can sometimes become flustered and tongue tied on the phone and can get my words out better in an email!:lol:

Still no word though... I am impatient but only because I am excited!

awwww wow, hope you get him.

If this person is a volunteer they might also work so they might not even have had chance to look at the emails. If you haven't heard by the end of today maybe give her a call tommorrow. Good luck :D

It does LOOK wrong but it IS right! Just looks odd, it did to me last time I typed it! Think its because we tend to use the word ringing more.

The reason I have emailed is because the lady is NOT a rescue, she is a volunteer for a rescue and has the bunnies at her house.

I sometimes prefer emailing anyway because I can sometimes become flustered and tongue tied on the phone and can get my words out better in an email!:lol:

Still no word though... I am impatient but only because I am excited!

Yes, I my confess I prefer emailing. I can get a bit nervous on the phone if I'm not sure who I'm talking to:oops: I always think I sound a bit bananas on the phone, particularly on answer machines!

I hope the volunteer gets back to you soon.

yippppeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

:D :D :D :D :D

Just received email back!!! 'Squirrel' is going to be removed from the rabbit rehome website in order for use to 'reserve' him!

Apparently he is almost a year old but still quite a small rabbit so fingers crossed......

aaaaae wow. thats brilliant. Hope it all goes well!

Are you going to house them outside?

Yes! thats my other bit of news! I have been after a wendyhouse/playhouse for a while constantly checking all the free ads and ebay and am going to look at one tomorrow. Its a large wendyhouse (have no idea how large) and they are selling it for £40. Just hoping its ok!

There is a free wendyhouse/shed also going but its a bit of a distance.

Back