• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gardening question

duracell

Alpha Buck
I was just having a good look round the garden area to see what is safe and what should be moved before bunnies arive. I cant seem to find a definitive list anywhere!!:?

I have already put a fence round the veggi patch cos they would gorge themselves on the cabbage letuice etc and I will move the herbs (although I am planting a herb garden for the bunnies. Parsley basil etc, and suggestions?)

I have a large lavender bush right beside where I want to put the enclosure will this be ok? Will the smell drive them nuts or will they just be chilled out:lol: If they nibble will that be ok?

Lavender is a good plant to have near bunnies. ^^ I'm not sure, but I think they can nibble on it... The scent won't bother them, but it WILL bother any flies and midges that fly by. It's one of those plants that is recommended for doing this.

& I had a list of rabbit friendly plants somewhere. :oops: Then I lost it.

im afraid I don't know which plants are safe but I recommend you have come coriander in your herb garden, they love it. not sure if itll grow outside but you could have it in a pot and bring it in at night.

I can grow it outside fine in the summer, so I will plant some up. I actually use the lavender to keep away bugs I have no idea why I did not think of this benefit to the rabbits :lol:

Do rabbits like to eat moss? It would be fantastic if they did cos I have too much of it in the grass:p

I don't think they do... Our grass is mostly moss. :oops: Looks excellent from a distance, as it's green... But the rabbits seem to take great joy in digging the moss up, and leaving it in piles around their run. They eat grass from around it, but I've never seen them eat it. Fun to play with, though!

Back