• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Simbas moving outside =(

Crystal butterfly

Warren Veteran
my mums moved into the house for a few months and shes making me move Simba outside she said that hes making the house smell (which he isnt) and that hes wrecking the place :oops: il admit he has had a bit of a feast of the wall paper. the thing is i dont want him to go outside and it means spending more money on a large hutch when ive got a 6x4x4 cage in the house for him :? how can i convince my mum to let me keep Simba inside?

Well if it is your moms house there probably isn't much you can do :( Get her to look into his gorgeous cutie-pie face and I bet she'll relent in no time ;) :lol:

Esther x

If it's your mum's (or another landlord's) house then there's little you can do. I do sympathise with her over the wallpaper thing though, rabbits can be very destructive. Could you compromise and section a room off for him that's secure in a pen where there's no 'house' to destroy?

I think that's quite unfair frankly. I understand what other people are saying because you rent the house from her. I rent mine from my dad but I would never expect him to ask me to move Bobbin if he came to stay - which he never would, but that's not the point. Obviously she doesn't have a problem with you actually having pets in the house when she's not there, or do you think she does and this is her way of telling you?

Is there a separate room where Simba can stay with the door shut most of the time so he doesn't smell the house out? :roll:

It's such a shame, especially after little Simba saved your life! :D

Do you actually rent the house, or do you pay like house keeping/rent but your family live their too? I would ask her for sat 2 weeks etc until she deffo makes up her mind, and in the meantime try and tone down hes behaviour, maybe invest ins ome hutch fresh granules etc, so she chanegd her mind! x

Sorry but I sympathise with your Mum. I would not tolerate eaten wallpaper (and apart from that, it can't be good for them as it's stuck on the walls with paste and that's got fungicides in it).
There's nothing wrong with being houseproud.
As for the smell, maybe you don't smell it as you've become accustomed to it but here's a product that is supposed to get rid of animal smells (the Tap-o-drop Odour Remover)
http://www.ratwarehouse.com/shop_view.php?cat=21

Back