• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

finished my run!

clutterydrawer

Wise Old Thumper
Its only taken two whole months to build. :/ I had no idea what a task it would be! still, I have learnt many woodwork skills, it was the first thing I ever built! sorrel is having worlds of fun scampering up and down.

me.jpg

run.jpg

That looks really good. Well Done.

My only question is Do you leave him unsupervised in it? If so i would replace the Chicken Wire with WeldMesh, its much stronger......

eek, are they likely to be able to chew through it? :shock: I don't know if I _can_ replace it...

sorry to resurrect this thread, i forgot all about it though.

Great job, but yes foxes CAN chew through chicken wire and I've heard of a bunny that also chewed out of chicken wire. Having said that I had a chicken wire run for years and my bunny was fine in it, but I wouldnt have left her in it all day unsupervised, though I had to do something with the floor too as mine was a digger!:?

someone gave me a hutch a few months ago that had chicken wire in it, and within two days domino escaped and he was 8 weeks old! i think he wanted his mummy!
its because the holes are big enough for them to fit their teeth round the wire

Back