• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are these products good?

:wave: again!

Mango and Chutney have a mega-complex setup of warrens and interchanges (about 8 tubes and 5 or 6 interchanges- can't remember exactly and I'm at work right now :lol: ) and it is their absolute, all time favourite thing in the world. We change the way it's set up regularly, and they play in it all the time. I know some people have been a bit disappointed cos the tubes get chewed then they're really difficult to fix into the interchanges, and ours are getting to the state where we have trouble connecting them, but I think we'll be replacing them, cos the buns love them so much. It's very noisy (they're made of tough plastic), but if you don't mind that, it's great.

We got a brush similar to that, but it doesn't seem to work - it just slides over the top of their fur instead of going through it. Maybe it's their fur type though (short and smooth) and somebody else finds it more effective.

We have a snugglesafe heatpad, but just for emergencies (to keep the buns warm if they're sick) cos they're house rabbits. We've only used it on a couple of occasions going to the vets and it did the trick, but I don't know how it would cope with being outside in the cold.

:wave: I bought the tube, and although he loves it, it's really expensive for what it is, and you'll probably end up with 2, as 1 is only 3/4 of a metre.

As Wendy-Jane said, they do get eaten, and it's then hard to connect the two together, but provided it gets moved around and changed regularly, he really enjoys it, but I think I'll find an alternative when it's time to renew.

I have both. I think the tube is overpriced though for what it is.
I saw some great plastic pipes in the plumbing section in B%Q the other day that were 6 times the lenght for about £12.00. I'll be getting that next!

The snugglesafe is brilliant. I had mine in March when my nethie had the snuffles. He had his big girlfriend to snuggle up to for warmth, but when he was at his poorliest he sat on top of it. The heat lasts around 8 hours, and is a godsend when its a really cold night.
I'm saving up to buy 2 more for this winter, along with greenhouse heaters for in my sheds :D

I saw the cold version of the Sungglesafe in P@H today - not fair that the cold version is £10 whislt the warm version £20:(

thanks. do you think that the heat pad is useful on cold winter nights?

yes and no

Rabbits, as long as they are outside the whole time and have chance to build up a winter coat, will be fine in cold weather, especially if they have a friend to snuggle up to. They are a useful thing to have in though in case of illness or post op and on the really freezing nights I intend to put one in my bunnies hutches over winter.

Guineapigs like a snugglesafe though and last winter mine had one through the day too

Back