• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Would it be safe?

I have this run off Zooplus http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/rodents/cages/pens_fencing/36009 thing is the net has completely ripped, its unusuable. Which means if I was to put Kovu outside in the run...he would have no safety cover at all.
Would he be ok? I dont think he can jump out...but we do have 2 magpies who live in a tree not fair from our garden, and we do have cats, though they havent tried to jump in yet.
Would I be ok to put him out?
Otherwise he'll have to be shut in his cage all day!!! And I dont want to do that!

I wouldn't leave him unsupervised even if the net was there- I don't think it offers much protection from any kind of predator.

Well its just starting peeing down so he cant go out today anyway!
I will look into netting for when, if, the weather gets nice enough again!
I had been putting him in the dining room to run round on rainy rdays but hes been eating the wallpaper and Dads not happy!
I can put the pen up in the dining room, but only if I move the table...which needs 2 people to move it! Argh!

I wouldn't leave him unsupervised even if the net was there- I don't think it offers much protection from any kind of predator.

I've done it in the past and hes been fine, obv I'd never go out and leave him in the garden, I can always chck on him from the window/popping outsdie anyway.

Well its just starting peeing down so he cant go out today anyway!
I will look into netting for when, if, the weather gets nice enough again!
I had been putting him in the dining room to run round on rainy rdays but hes been eating the wallpaper and Dads not happy!
I can put the pen up in the dining room, but only if I move the table...which needs 2 people to move it! Argh!

Where is his cage? Maybe you could put the run around his cage so he can come and go as he likes?

Hes in a Nero 4 on the stand currently and the room has no space to put the pen up.
The plan is to get a Rabbit 140 in my room and then I could put half the pen up around that for him...eventually Im getting a 7x6 shed but cant afford that just yet (need to keep my money for his vaccinations and castration)

I can get him out in the front room under supervision later today but he starts chewing and biting the carpet so Dad tells me to put him back! So he ends up with about 10mims out time!

Maybe you could take the current cage off its stand, and put that in your room with the run round it?

I've done it in the past and hes been fine, obv I'd never go out and leave him in the garden, I can always chck on him from the window/popping outsdie anyway.

I too leave mine in their zoo run when I'm in the house and just keep checking on them from the window! I can't stand out there all night supervising them!

What are the holes like on the Wilkinson netting?
The net for my run had half small holes, half big ones. The big ones kept catching and ripping and the pegs came off 2 corners!

I wonder if you could demand a new net? It sounds as though it wasn't made very well if it split so easily.

Back