• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What is a 'binky'?

When they leap in the air and shake their butt at the sky - often twising right round with a shocked expression when they land :lol:

Binkies are the most amazing expression of happyiness and joy ever!! :love:

Well actually I have contested that in the past :oops: They tend to binky when in a wide open space like the garden - now that looks like jumping for joy to us humans, but I think it's a combination of high spirits and instinctive behaviour to evade any predators there might be in that wide open area. If a fox chases a rabbit it binkies to get it's bum out of the jaws of death - and mine sometimes binky at lockup time too, when they feel I'm going to get them. They'll also binky when with strange rabbits, a bit like showing off but also because they're unsure about safety. But yes it's also high spirits I'd say, rather than happiness - excitement :)

Here's Flump having a binky :)
binky.gif

Well actually I have contested that in the past :oops: They tend to binky when in a wide open space like the garden - now that looks like jumping for joy to us humans, but I think it's a combination of high spirits and instinctive behaviour to evade any predators there might be in that wide open area. If a fox chases a rabbit it binkies to get it's bum out of the jaws of death - and mine sometimes binky at lockup time too, when they feel I'm going to get them. They'll also binky when with strange rabbits, a bit like showing off but also because they're unsure about safety. But yes it's also high spirits I'd say, rather than happiness - excitement :)

I agree Elve. Flump also binkys when he's having a temper tantrum, such as when it's time to go to bed, or when I won't let him have access to a certain part of the garden. :lol:

Love the vid jeremy that's brill!:D I'm never quick enough to catch when mine do it, but I love seeing it.:lol:

It's more common in young bunnies so I think it could be linked to practice for escaping and dodging.

I do thinks its also high spirits tho, Scamp does it loads when he's let out. He's definitely not scared, he does it when you tickle his whiskers then comes back so you do it again :lol:

How adorable! Teal'c does that but kicks the door, scares himself and goes zooming across the room to get away from the scary noise. :rolleyes:

How odd, Charm does it when I'm nowhere near him. He's running across my room and then he does it whilst running and nearly breaks his neck. His timing is impecable though. I'd end uo in a wall, he avoids a crash.

Jeremy :evil: I have spent ten minutes on this thread and its all your fault! :lol:
Binkies make me cry! :roll: :lol: ... I just like knowing my bunnies are happy... although I agree with Elve, I know whenever mine does it is cos shes happy.

Here's Flump having a binky :)
binky.gif

I agree Elve. Flump also binkys when he's having a temper tantrum, such as when it's time to go to bed, or when I won't let him have access to a certain part of the garden. :lol:

Great video Jeremy :D Georgie does that sometimes in the garden I did wonder if she was being tickled by something or if it was a fly :roll: :lol: Thanks for all the replies now I know what a binky is now!!!!

Esther x

Back