• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Water bottle?

Pringle

Warren Veteran
Where can i get water bottles that DONT leak :roll:
Pringles is fine as its attached to his run and he has access to that 24/7 but the other two get put in their hutches at night and it just constantly drips.:roll: x

a nice big one from a pet shop should be ok.... though you are obviously haveing a few probs.... my little one did not like her water bottle and always bit it we eventually gave in and she has a water bowl (ceramic so she doesnt knock it over... mayb this is your solution too?

I agree they drive me nuts too. 'Classic' are definately better than cheaper ones for some reason . I have both and will be binning the cheap ones very soon.

I read the instructions recently even though i thought they were fool proof. I was doing it wrong. :? Fill bottle right up to neck of bottle so there is no air. Replace top and tap dropper until water is comming to end. It will drip less because of vacuum. I have one that doesn't drip at all :D

Hope this helps

Charlie's drips too, so I try to put a ceramic bowl underneath it although he tips it up sometimes. He has bowls in his run but I still use a bottle incase he tips them over and has no water. I've got both types, the ball one and the one with the thinner end that can be stuck to glass by suckers or put onto a cage/hutch, he gets really impatient with the thinner ended one. Can you get water bowls that fit securely onto the mesh so they can't be pulled it off?

Just had a look, I think its the hot weather that causes the dripping with Charlie's- I'm going to invest in a couple of those.

Thanks!

A change in weather does cause the bottle to leak as it affects the vacuum that should be formed when you fill and shake the bottle.

You do shake the bottle after refilling it dont you?

No i dont shake it :? maybe its my fault :lol:
i have the standard bottles, the others you have all reccomended looks really good so i think i will try a couple of those and see how i get on.
Thank you all for ur replys xxx

Your supposed to shake it to ensure a vacuum forms.....mostly it does without assistance, just turning the bottle is enough but other times especially with temperature variations it needs a little help.

Some bottles come with instructions to shake but other dont....even though they work the same.

BTW have you seen the warning in rabbiting on.....some ball bearings are becoming stuck in bottles due to temp. fluctuations and are effectivley stopping the rabbit drinking by preventing water flow, they need to be checked every day!

A change in weather does cause the bottle to leak as it affects the vacuum that should be formed when you fill and shake the bottle.

You do shake the bottle after refilling it dont you?

I do, he has pro-c in his water most of the time so I shake it out of habit.

Back