• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where do you guys get your pellets?

I would like to start introducing Georgie to them (Science Selective have heard it is a good brand) and think the easiest would be to order online as we are moving house and don't know the area very well so if I order a BIG bag it should last :D If you order online which site/s have you used that you think are good and reasonable priced?

Thanks Esther x

If you are introducing Georgie to them for the 1st time, i would not buy a huge bag. as she may not like them, and then you would have a large bad going to waste. Maybe you could get a sample as a tester.

The reason I am going to use pellets as have heard that with rabbit mix they pick out the bits they like which aren't always the best for them so would like to start feeding her pellets so that she gets all the goodness and fibre she needs ;) Though you do have a good point thanks :D

Esther x

Not a problem, remember you will have slowly introduce her to the new pellets. just so you can ensure that they do not upset her stomach.

That's right, they can get quite unwell if given new foods straight away. I think it can mess up the good bacteria in the gut (?)

You should introduce it slowly over a 10 day period (at least), adding a small amount of the new pellets to the old mix each day. Start off by literally only adding a few, then gradually add a bit more each day until all you are left with is the new food.

I buy my SS pellets from theHayexperts.com who are great and you can buy the smaller bags which is perfect when just introducing them to your bun's diet. :D

I got a 1.5 kg bag from the hay experts and the service is fab!!

I thought they would leavbe it as they are picky, but they ate all hier pellets first... they love it

good luck with the change over...
x

Anyone used this place? http://www.bunnymail.co.uk/ They sell Allan & Page pellets at £1.50 for 1kg, £2.80 for 2kg and £8.00 for 6kg sound reasonable?

Esther x

I've used bUnny mail they are great - great if you only have a couple of buns as they sell the smaller re-packed bags. But of course if you find a local horse feed supplier, you can buy a 20kg bag for £6-7 :D And if they don't like it - its not a lot of money wasted and you can give it away to someone who would like it.

Back