• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hubby said we can have another bunny

karen354

Warren Veteran
I'm so excited Andy has said we can have bunny :D :D :D :D
We have the room outside to add another bun to my already bonded pair, I have a female and male, what would be best a female or male to live with them..I'm sure I read the other day it doesn't matter it depends on the bun...

i have heard that many males wont bond, even if they are both neutured. I would suggest another female but im sure there are more knowledgeable people on here! P.S..yay! lol!

Spoken to Hilda :D hopefully can get something sorted maybe this weekend..

Anyone know if I should add a male or female ?

No idea on what gender bun would be best, but I just wanted to say 'congratulations!' :D

Thanks Im very excited :D Just been reading a few older posts and most people say add a female..
I can either bond new bun with the outdoor buns or I could bond her with the housebuns :?

I think it depends which bun in the most chilled out. Eg Thumper (male) is a big softy whilst Lily is a bit of a fighter so if we were to have another (if i could convince hubby!) then it would be another boy added :) But then sometimes hat goes all out the window! :):lol:

I honestly believe personality is far more important then gender in bonding rabbits and the more experience I have the truer this sentiment seems.

Personality matters more than sex. I have 4 boys and 3 girls together but each got bonded in separately, think it went girl, girl, boy, boy, boy, boy, girl. good luck!

i have two girls and a boy, definitely depends on the personality as others have said. can you take your two to the rescue with you and see which one they like ?

Back