• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

anyone for fly screens?

JIMGRACIE

Mama Doe
My dad has his own business making window blinds, he recently took some fly screens down from a posh train (sorry wasn't interested in the train aspect so didn't take note of what it was called!!)

My delightful dad thought that the fly screen would come in handy for my animals. So yep, hes given me a huge box full of the stuff. :shock: My mum has made fly screens for the rabbit hutches, guinea pig cages and ferret court. I also took some to Cheryls when i picked up Wibble and Wobble, and there is still loads left.

So i was wondering if anyone else would like any?I am back home tomorrow sometime so will find out exact sizes.

Please PM if you are interested.

wished id known if just brought loads, and i only live across the water from you, never mind they was cheap, aldis had knocked down their prices 98p per box,

The posh train didn't have any flies on it.....its posh!! :lol:

A little bit more detail about the flyscreen.

• Each bit is approx. 5ft x 1.5ft
  • It can easily be sewn together. My mum has sewn loadsa bits together, to cover the front of my ferret court.
  • It is literally just the netting, so either it needs velcro sewn to it or it needs to be pinned to a frame.

Heres a pic of Bindi and Mayas hutches. Mum has made newer ones, that have a weight in the bottom and are slightly wider.
In my experience they have done wonders for keeping the bugs away.

P1010004.jpg

If anyone has any questions feel free to pm me.

Hi Gracie
Thanks for your reply. I have pm you again hopfully it got through. If not please let me know and I will send it again.
Many thanks

Back