• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonded pair jealousy aimed at a human....

Sooz

Wise Old Thumper
I had phone call last night from Tarquins new owner....he has become a little deamon bunny since yesterday.

He is deadly protective of his new boyfriend Frith (neutered at 6 months now over 1 year old) but his jealousy is aimed at the new owner. When she pets Frith Tarquin runs at her and bites whatever bosy part he can. Tarquin was neutered 3 weeks ago so his hormones are still settling.

I have told her to back of petting them both until the weekend to let thier bond solidify and then to pet them equally. I have also told her to let out a high pitched squeel if he bites her and to keep a spray bottle handy....if he bites squeel and spritz him to reinforce that horrid things happen when he bites.

Anyone else have any ideas or experiences they can share?

I'm not allowed to stroke Calel's partner Treacle. She's really human friendly, but I have to separate them to stroke her:?

If it's a new bonding though, they may settle:? Especially if he's upset by moving home. Smirnoff sulked for weeks when I moved:lol:

Snoopy gets grumpy when I try to stroke one of his girls. If he's nearby, I usually stroke them all at the same time, so he is distracted.

Back