• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

An update on Apathy. (Babies!?)

Swooky

Young Bun
So it's been three crazy years since I've posted on here.
And I thought I'd give you guys an update on Apathy.
As I mentioned before, he's now kept at the barn I ride at, with the chickens in the chicken coop. I felt guilty for never being home anymore, and him being locked up in a cage all day. So he's there now. With his girlfriend (Spotsy) and five babies. (3 a couple weeks old, 2 newborn.)

Here's some pictures!

Apathy.jpg

Apathy chilling.

Allthree.jpg

The three older babies.

Chilling.jpg

Cutemarking.jpg

BlackNewborn.jpg

The black newborn.

MomandBaby.jpg

Mom (Spotsy) and the white baby. (Un-named.)

MomAndDad.jpg

Apathy (Theo) and Spotsy. [Mom and dad.]

Thethree.jpg

The three again.

TogetherinHay.jpg

The two youngest.

WhiteNewborn.jpg

White newborn.

WhiteNewborn2.jpg

White newborn again.

WhiteNewborn3.jpg

Recent picture, now walking around, eyes open!

WhiteNewborn4.jpg

Again. =D

an update on apathy

why the angry face and a completely black baby :? black bunnies are lovely i hope you,ve seperated the males from the females too:oops:

Hi your bunnies are gorgeous :D

Do you keep the male and female together all the time? It's not good for them to have litters so close together, so the best thing would be to get Apathy neutered.

Are wire bottom cages common in Canada? Do you not find it hurts their feet? They aren't really used in the UK.

Apathy. What an apt name for the situation this rabbit has found herself in.

:roll: I think Apathy is a he.

Good idea getting the buns bigger accomodations - especially if they have just become a family!

I think the black ones look sweet - well they all do actually!

Yeah, they're separated.
The second batch wasn't planned.. She must've gotten out of her cage, and got a little 'busy' with Apathy.. We were surprised when we found babies!
They're separated though, and the other babies in the wire cage.. Well.. I don't own any of them.. And it's all my riding coaches doing.. But we always cover the bottom with hay/saw-dust. They just seem to eat it all. :p

Awwww cuteness overload. I love black rabbits especially when their coat is all shiney. Although i do not have a black one i think i might have to get one now :lol:

Apathy. What an apt name for the situation this rabbit has found herself in.

:lol: but it's no laughing matter I guess :(

Boards on the mesh would make it better for their feet but worser for the person shovelling poopy.

Rabbits can mate through cage mesh :shock: Rabbits also get pregnant again as soon as they give birth, if someone hasn't thought to remove Apathy/daddy bun.

Babies need to be split into boy/girls at 12 weeks old, unless you want a serious problem - I think 2 unwanted litters is serious enough really :shock:

Last edited:
Back