• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

catflap for shed

Indiechic

Wise Old Thumper
Does anyone have any ideas on the best sort of thing to go for? it has to be one which is loackable so that i can let rabs out into thier run and keep em in shed if need be...

I have two mini lops and they are quite small so can get through a small flap comfortably...

Thankx

They will be fine using a normal cat flap. You might have to prop it open for a few days until they get used to using it though.

I found that a transparent one was best, so that they can check outside for anything scarey before going through.

I didn't use a cat flap on my sheds- I just took the main door off, cut a square off the bottom corner of it, hinged it and put on a bolt and made a mini door for nothing!
It meant I could choose the right sized hole for the rabbits ( I wanted it to be as small an opening as possible, as in the winter I will leave the main door closed and just leave their little door open for access to their runs, but I wanted the minimum draft possible).:D

I bought a lockable one but I found the rabbits got really cross if I tried to lock them in on a night so they now have permanent access to their run outside 24/7 so I should have just bought a cheaper standard one :roll:

Back