• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Breeds

J4yn3

New Kit
Hi Everyone!
Im getting a rabbit very soon and really excited but unsure what breed to get! Im thinking maybe a german lop or a mini lop! i saw a german lop in a local pets at home and it was £79 do u think this is expensive?any one on here ever bought a rabbit from pets at home before? any suggetions on where else i could get one from?
Thanks Aloy
Jayne

Hello :wave:

I think most folk would say 'dont buy a Bun from ANY Pet Shop'
There are so many thousands of Rabbits in Rescues all over the UK :cry: :cry:
Have you looked on the 'Rabbits in Need' section on this Forum?
Or there is a list of Rescues that you could contact directly.

Pet Shops sadly add to the dire Rabbit Welfare situation as they all too often sell Rabbits that are mis-sexed (leading to unplanned breeding) or unwell (due to the stressful environment of a Pet Shop). The care advice given at the point of sale is woefully inadequate. Most rescues listed on here will give you excellent advice.

I feel sure you will find a lovely Bun just waiting for you to offer him/her (or them ;) ) a home at one of the many Rabbit Rescues

Janex :D

There was a gorgeous black lop boy in rabbits in need a few months back called Henry he was one of Jill's (honeybunnys) and was adorable!!! :love: I did ask my parents about him but it wasn't to be :cry: Hope he found a lovely forever home. So I would take others advice and look in the RIN section or visit a local rescue ;)

Esther x

Where abouts are you? We can put you in contact with the rescues in your area, many have a good assortment of neutered, vaccinated rabbits where you will get better back up than from a large national pet store. Most rescues can offer a variety of choices of age, colour and sex.

I live in Somerset, i went to a local rescue centre called heavens gate but it was closed due to foot and mouth :shock:
Anyone know of any in somerset?
Thanks Alot :D

Back