• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I have to tell you all something very sad

:cry: I had to have Misty put to sleep today, she had myxi:cry: she started showing what I thought were symptoms yesterday evening when I went to give them their tea, she had slightly puffy eyes and they were running a bit as well. I didn't want to think the worst so checked on them all again this morning hoping not to see what I saw the night before, but her little bits were swollen and her eyes were virtually shut. I had to ring my mum to come and collect her to take her to the vets as I couldn't have any time off of work:cry: :cry: There was nothing they could do as they said she was too bad:cry: :cry: All my rabbits have been vaccinated and they now think that Smokies lump on his eye and nose could be a sign as well. They did say that rabbits can take the vaccination differently meaning some will become more immune than others:cry: I feel I have totally failed Misty :cry: I just hope the other two will be ok. The vet did say they have had to put lots of rabbits to sleep recently due to myxi and it is a big prob in this area at the moment. I know I may feel differently but I do not think I will home anymore rabbits in the future, im so upset :cry: :cry:

:cry: I had to have Misty put to sleep today, she had myxi:cry: she started showing what I thought were symptoms yesterday evening when I went to give them their tea, she had slightly puffy eyes and they were running a bit as well. I didn't want to think the worst so checked on them all again this morning hoping not to see what I saw the night before, but her little bits were swollen and her eyes were virtually shut. I had to ring my mum to come and collect her to take her to the vets as I couldn't have any time off of work:cry: :cry: There was nothing they could do as they said she was too bad:cry: :cry: All my rabbits have been vaccinated and they now think that Smokies lump on his eye and nose could be a sign as well. They did say that rabbits can take the vaccination differently meaning some will become more immune than others:cry: I feel I have totally failed Misty :cry: I just hope the other two will be ok. The vet did say they have had to put lots of rabbits to sleep recently due to myxi and it is a big prob in this area at the moment. I know I may feel differently but I do not think I will home anymore rabbits in the future, im so upset :cry: :cry:

OMG Suzanne I am so very sorry :cry: :cry:
Myxi is rife this year and tragically your part of the country is one of the worst re the Mozzi invasion

I hope with all my heart that your two other Buns will be OK

Janex

OMG! You poor poor thing!:cry: I hope with all my heart that your other buns okay, and of course that you are okay too! Really sorry to hear your dreadful news:cry:

thank you guys, I have bought some recommended disinfectant which I am now going to mix in a sprayer now and then spray all of their run and trays. Will leave them locked in tonight in th shed whilst it drys and then do the shed tomorrow. Their run has got nets up it to hopefully stop any mozzies and flies, which means they will have to stop running around my garden when I am there in fear that they may get bitten whilst out of the shed and their run:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

my vet has said there is no point in giving the other 2 their boosters early and also the vaccination does not cover all strains so they are still at risk.:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I'm really sorry, don't blame yourself saying you've failed them in someway. Myxi is rife at the moment and I pray that your others can be saved even if they do have it, as they are vaccinated they do stand a chance.

Kathryn x

I'm really sorry, don't blame yourself saying you've failed them in someway. Myxi is rife at the moment and I pray that your others can be saved even if they do have it, as they are vaccinated they do stand a chance.

Kathryn x

trouble is misty was vaccinated and still got it so quickly.

Im so sorry for your loss must be so hard, so matter what we do it might not work... you done all you can, i suppose its just down to luck now :cry:

R.I.P poor wee bun xxx

I'm so very sorry. You could do nothing more than vaccinate your bunnies, so please don't blame yourself. x

Oh no, I'm so sorry..... but please dont feel you have failed, even the most vigilant of owners can have a bun fall victim to the dreaded myxi. :cry:

Back