• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

pet store

Elmolicious

Warren Scout
hey,
i wanted to get another rabbit to keep lulu (my first rabbit company). i got lulu from a breeder but i felt bad cause i know that rabbits from breeders will have a good home, whereas the pet store rabbits just sit around all day doing nothing. what do people recomend. store or breeder?

Thnx

Ok then! The only reason i would say breeder is you can see the parents how they are kept. I wouldn't want to give a pet shop my money as most don't treat there animals very nice and i don't want to encourage this. (this is just my option others my disagree). However not sure what your pet shops are like in sweden!

Breeders are always better than pet stores. If it's to get a pet rabbit the best would probably be rescue, if there are no rescue bunnies around get from a serious breeder.
When buying bunnies from a pet store you have no guarantee that it hasn't been taken from its mother too early, or if it's not inbred or carry inheritable deceases such as teeth deformaties. Also known many people buying "purebreed" bunnies that are far from purebred:roll: Not that it matters much for a pet...but it's good to know what you're getting.

Back