• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I thought bunnies were neat and tidy creatures?

casu consulto

Mama Doe
Amber isn't! :lol:

She's the fourth rabbit I've had. The third female. My first rabbit, Benji (who was female) at first would not have a specific toilet area in her hutch... But with a bit of encouragement... this involved me picking her poos up and placing them in a corner... she soon used just a corner. Bonnie, Benji's buddy, was even better and used the back corner straight away. After she died, and I adopted Barney, he's always seemed amazingly neat. He uses his bed as a toilet, and never does anything in the open part of his hutch. When inside, he 'll use a litter tray without accident as long as I provide privacy in the form of a cardboard box with a door over the tray.

Amber, by contrast, poos and pees all over in both her hutch and out. :) She seems to have four places where she likes to pee in her hutch, but the poo ends up all over. What's more, she's decided she doesn't like me putting her straw in her bed compartment. Each time I clean her out, the next morning the little wild child has dragged ALL the straw into the front and scattered it. Same with the hay. I've been piling it in a corner for her (due to having to remove the hay rack, which she kept jumping up and sitting on) but she scatters it. I'm sure she's just a dippy rabbit. I always thought I just considered Barney intelligent because I was besotted with him, but comparitively speaking, he comes across as a genius. ^^ Amber just generally acts really silly. Poor Barney can't work out what to do with her.

Anyone else have messy bunnies?

I'm tempted to show Amber up ands take a photo of the inside of her hutch...

I often find with new foster buns that changing what I put in litter trays sometimes helps them descide if they are going to use them or not, even dig them out or leave them alone. The majority of the buns do eventually settle down.

I have one at the moment who likes nothing but a litter tray lined with paper in her bedroom and the hay piled up in the corner in her 'lounge', she is cleaner and happier that way ... and cleaning out is easier for me!

tidy bunnies :lol: :lol: :lol:

this is what daisy likes to to do in her litter pit !!

daisy-1.jpg

:rolleyes: :love:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry but just the title of this thread made me laugh!!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: Awwww tidy...if only! xx:rolleyes:

That's just it... the previous two always were very tidy. :roll: And my boy bunny is a neat freak. He incredibly tidy in everything he does. I know people reading this are all, 'haha, how foolish!' because they own bunnies who like to be messy, but Amber 's the first rabbit here not to have a specific toilet area.. and comparitively speaking, she's trashed her hutch compared to Barney's.

I have four of Chloes baby buns here and tidy they are not :lol: My frenchies are tidy and my Jack and Dempsey but my other 7 are bad :lol: :lol:

I'm sorry I didn't mean to make you feel that way. I was just laughing about my bunnies. ;) I have to say DArcy and Annie have always been quite tidy - Beatrix is now too after they taught her to use the litter box. My newest bun, Frasier, is a complete mess-bun!! He poops and pees everywhere and is forever throwing hay around the place. I'm hoping this will calm down as he feels more secure. He and Annie have bonded just have to wait to try and bond him with the other two again soon...:rolleyes: Rabbits love to forage so they do tend to make little messes around the home with toys or ripping up paper etc. Keeps them entertained!!:rolleyes: :lol: :lol:

I must have been lucky so far, all my bunnies have been really clean. My trio is pooing all over the place at the moment, I think it is mostly Luna who does it. But they always use the litter trays for weeing. And all my foster bunnies have been very tidy, too, especially Annie.
I have heard of a couple of messy bunnies, and most of them were indoor bunnies. Maybe the carpet and sofa are irresistable. :lol:

One of mine.. i think its Nala does the odd pee on the floor of their room.. otherwise they pee in their trays but poo is everywhere in the room!! Im forever sweeping it up! Dont think they will ever be tidy! Simba was tidy when he was a bachelor but he's been led astray by his ladies :roll: :lol: :lol:

One of mine.. i think its Nala does the odd pee on the floor of their room.. otherwise they pee in their trays but poo is everywhere in the room!! Im forever sweeping it up! Dont think they will ever be tidy! Simba was tidy when he was a bachelor but he's been led astray by his ladies :roll: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Back