• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Hutch - Is This Big Enough?

drpengie

Wise Old Thumper
Hello
I am getting another bunny soon :) so I will need to get a new house for the 2 of them as the one I have is too small for both.

They are house bunnies and have the free run of the lounge & kitchen (& conservatory when it's built next week) from late afternoon til bed time and also 1st thing in a morning. During the day they will have to stay in the hutch so they don't eat my house!! :shock: I found this on the net and thought it looked like a good size
http://www.pet-supply-store.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=rabcottage&cat=451
it will house 2 medium rabbits (English) - what do you think - will it be big enough?

Here's the little bunster that we will be getting should bonding go according to plan!!
http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/moreinfo.asp?RabID=9434 :love: :love:

Thanks
Zoé

ru putting that in the house or outside ? :? - sorry bit confusled. :lol:
but I dont see why not, do they sleep with you guys as well... or are they like mine, where they are out whenever I am not at work, but sleep in their hutch ?

The actual structure of this is a reasonable size for 2 rabbits 5.5 foot x 2.5 foot. However the bedroom size is tiny.

If this is to be used indoors during the time you are out this would work, although I do think it is very expensive for what it is but would be an acceptable size to use for times when they are 'shut in'.

As an outdoor cage I do not feel this is acceptable if this is used as a run and hutch as it is fairly small if they are not let out for reasonable times during the day or evening.

It must also be considered that the bedroom area is only 2.5 foot x 2 foot which gives little space for 2 rabbits to lie down easily.

ru putting that in the house or outside ? :? - sorry bit confusled. :lol:
but I dont see why not, do they sleep with you guys as well... or are they like mine, where they are out whenever I am not at work, but sleep in their hutch ?

This hutch will be inside as they are both indoor rabbits. They are in the hutch when I am out of the house, but when I am home they have free run of the house - except when I go to bed, then they will have to go back in the hutch. The hutch is not going outside at all.

I was concerned about the sleep size as it is very small, but I haven't found anything which is exactly what I want yet!!

I personally was shocked at this when I saw it in the flesh it is not as big as it looks. And you can get bigger for cheaper than that price :D

Here is the one I am on about:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Massive-Rabbi...ryZ63513QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Is this link the one you are shocked at or the one I posted? This hutch on ebay I have looked at but it's not really practical in the house with the run bit sticking out at the front. I think I may need to have one made so that I can get it to fit in the house, but also so they have enough room!

what is the minimum size I should have for an indoor hutch for 2 medium size rabbits then? Not that I will be getting the minium size I just want to make sure I don't get something too small.

Back