• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bif is need of vibes again pleeeez U/D back to vets

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
:( Poor thing the traumatic stress thingy she was diagnosed with since losing oscar last year has made her a very sick lady nerves wise and tummy wise...shes prone to gi stasis especially when shes had lot of stress.
which she has i have had to ban my own mother from visiting me as she was stressing over her other son making her cry this time..and she wouldnt let me sort them out..she kept coming round here promising not to do it cos of bif...and did it anyway saying oh it doesnt mater she doesnt know what im saying...:evil: mum i yell she can feel it sense it etc and the pitch of your voice..shes terrified.
and loh and behold after i banned my mum after a week of this and over the phone....bif was taken ill and the vet said her tummy is swollen and full but not impacted..yup stasis again. And she was severley stressed...
even she told me to keep out peole who are stressing bif out likethis..eg my mum..till shes fully recovered.

my mum is upset with me but i have no choice.
Bif has 3 days to get better.if she doesnt or gets worse hen theyll take her in and see if maybe shes got a dental inthe offing too. But its definaetly the stress thats dragged her down so fast.

the sad thing is its almost a year till the day when oscar died..and all our previous buns have only lived with us for the same amount of time weve had bif..so im paranoid!!

her ears are down like a proper lop..her eyes are bright but you see pain in them..and shes very hunched up bless her.
going downstairs this morning made me ill..i had dejavu/flashbacks to when i found bif with oscars lifeless body:cry:

i will be the same tomorrow morning too.

pleeeeeze send vibes for my little girl...thank you.

Last edited:
Aww, poor Bif. Lots of stress free vibes on their way. It's awful to see them look so sad. Hope you're ok too.

Vic x

Thank you all..shes a poorly girl....im not happy and will ring the vets this afternoon to get her in...shes actually pooping but theyre getting smaller and less frequent..its cos i got it early i guess..um nope!!
Shes got protexn fibreplex...and metaclpromide pills wrapped in raisins at the mo..they didnt have any syrup! she had a painkiler yesterday but she seems to be in wrse pain today..i medicated her at about 10am finally..shes not the best patient..those teeth are damned sharp! but then she relaxed a bit and took her fibreplex..the raisin was a different matter..she knew it was "laced"!

i think im being over worried as shes pooping but having had it so many times before i know how quick it changes...and i havent seen her in thi smuch pain for a long time. we were giving her infacol every hour for four hurs and now just when she has meds but she wouldnt swallow it so im off in a mo to try that by itself.

bertie is protecting her and chased me away several times..but hes not cuddled up to her like he usualy does.he didnt last night..he sleeps with her but no snuggling i guess its cos shes inso much pain?
theres soft poo everywhere with no form to it now....gods im glad i have lino now!!

id leave it for 24hrs as ive done before but her pain is so damned obvious now..i bet its partially a dental prob...just her luck bless her.

ill keep you posted.

um gem hun...she could do with another tummy massager!!:wave:

when shes better you gotta come and see her again...andget smothered by bertie and willow too!! you can see bifs adopted so..the black kitty salem.hes woried sick about her and she wont let him withing three feet of herself..hes so uset hes hugging bertie as hes upset too:(

yes i know cats are predators bunnies are prey..not in my household!!:oops:

:( i am having a nightmare..the vet said i hadnt mentioned about her pain yesterday..wot!!??
nope i thought shed had a painkiller along with her mite jab..never did....

i dont know who was to blame..her for beig spanish and me gabbling having blackouts sleep deprivation with worry etc. shes not a bunny vet but is usually very thorough.
but even she said bif was worse tummywise. she looked at me and said there was thickening of her gut..yup i said..i know! then she said she could feel a mass..yup i said..horndean vets told me it was cancer..it wasnt. she looked at me..said it could be a hairball or anything..then feeling her tummy again said it felt like an intestine loop..yup i said thats right.
she looked stunned..i said its ok petra and her hubby have both seen her like this and when shes over the worst.
ive got an end of surgery at 11am tomorrow if shes not bombing around...i said in reply..dont worry...she wont be!! i have this problem with the little lady a lot since her and oscar got it and he died from it but she survived.

lol our internet shopping is due then..ill be at the vets..my daughter asleep in bed in pain with her M.E relapse...i hope the shopping will come before 10.30am or be late..way after 12!! gulp..i may have to ask my mum to open the door....take the bags inside. then leave them in the lounge..but freezer stuff..mmm ill leave a freezer sack out there!! if my mum says no...well i could beg my heavily pregnant yunger daughter to wait and get the shopping in...with my grandaughter of 21months in tow:shock:
shoud bif be wonderfully better then i will of course cancel the slot for her but i will be booking her for the next day mark my words!

so shes had her painkiller...her fibreplex..her metaclopromide pill piece ( theyre getting the hospital to order syrup in for me) and shes pooped a bit..ate a few pellets..of allen and page.....and tomorrow ive got to add bio lapis to the regime..ohheck i forgot her infacol...will do it first thing. why do theyhave to be so hard to care for.you are either a worry guts or a bad bunny mommy....its so hard.
im hoping ill sleep a bit better..shes had pain relief and thats the most important factor with this.

Poor little girlie!!!!!:cry: :cry:

I will be keeping fingers firmly crossed and sending TONS of vibes her way. Will be anxiously waiting for an update. XXX

Sending more vibes to Bif. Only think I can think though, is that maybe she should be having metaclopramide injections as if her tummy isn't working well, surely the tablets aren't being absorbed very well / at all.

Also, in the past Evo has had Buscopan for a bad tummy. It works by relaxing / stop spasms in the lower gut I think. Not sure if that would be a help or a hinderance in Bif's case. I think, also it's instead of metaclopramide, not as well, as Buscpopan relaxes and metaclopramide stimulates.

Honestly you'd think a vet would automatically give a painkiller for anything like this :evil: Good job you could tell she needed one anyway.

I know I'm starting to sound like a stuck record with this but :oops: could it be coccidiosis? The treatment is sulfaquinoxaline in the drinking water for 7 days, then 7 days off, then another 7 days with it in the water. Has she been treated for this or had her poos analysed for coccidia? If it were up to me I'd give it a try as it can't hurt her.

:evil: i was not impressed stupid moo...roll on 27th august when we will have TWO bunny vets sharing the surgery all week...yah!!

i had to cancel the appointment this morning..i had a nasty eplileptic attack just feelig human almost again now..
cant fit bif in afternoon surgery but tomorrow at 9.40am. if i have another attack ill have to take my housebound daughter to do the talking and listening and put the bunnies carrier on her lap in the wheelchair:shock: wouldnt be the first time!!:oops:

Bif has responded well to the painkiler but is still in pain just not as bad..wqatching her try to eat i think ive found the cause..her teeth...when that vet looked she said there were some bumps..i need petra to tel how her gnashers are tho. maybe id better take in their overnite bag in case!:lol:

bertie is allowed a cuddle or two today and she ran out and begged for a tiny bit of weetabix i was feeding willow. yeah the pills are a waste of time as even ground up they are hell..syrup is better..jabs means taking her daily or every other day..whereas one jab followed by syrup means less stress for her.

tahnk heavens its petra im seeing tomorrow..if a dental is needed i hope its her or the boss who does it!

her poo was sent away when i first went to animed in jan/feb 2007 and she had the same problem then....ad bloods proved pos for EC but very low..its never gone higher.but her liver levels are increased from her stress levels.
guess its what the problem is this time too. shes suffered tummy probs since her n oscar got stasis together almost a year ago..she lived,he died...and her guts never been right since despite diet changes etc...the allenand page has stopped her gaining weight..and her tummys not usually as bad as it was on ss. shes not eating hay but nibbling on a few pellets and some roket salad stuff...so id say teeth probs for sure:(

thank you all for your vibes for my bunny baby and your wonderful advice too..beter than some comments ive had about i should never have got a rescue animal..their never any good.....or..shes costing you money you dont have...no wonder youre in debt..will thay put her down?:evil: :cry:

least here i know we all feel the same about our furbabies.

You really are having a rough time of it:( Sending huge healing vibes for Bif, I hope she gets better really quickly!:)

Bif's been in my thoughts all day Debs

When I'm not signed off sick I'll take you up on the offer of coming to visit :D

Back