• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where do you buy your hay?

Lynette

Warren Scout
Just done a search but because the words probably come up so much can't find anything. Just wondering where to get my hay from? Anyone know anywhere in Staffordshire?

Any ideas would be great, as I want a cheap but good quality hay.

Thanks,

Lynette X

Last weekend I went out at night and bagged up a load of recently cut hay from a field near where my parents live. :oops:

I know it's naughty, but that way at least I know I can store it in good conditions (in a duvet cover in my garage). Hay is so often ruined by bad storage. :roll: :oops:

I did get mine from my local pet store, but someone on here pointed me to hayexperts.co.uk and they are ace. Really good service and quick too. I only bought a few supplies but will get from there in future.

I buy mine from oak tree farm project in staffordshire although they havent made any this year a lady who works there has her own farm. Im getting my bale on thursday and Im soooo excited. Im so low on hay right now. I rung loads of farms from the yellow pages but it seems a lot of people only have haylage due to the rain.

I get a bale from a local farm supplies store.. £2.50 a bale which lasts me ages! I also get 'posh' hays online from hay experts/bunnybasics as well :D

hiya just seen this. they have some nice bales at the moment at bolton gate saddlery-weston coyney. its £4.00 per bale. failing that normans hay is indeed nice. x

I get my hay and straw from the Hay Experts, too. I've always been happy about the quality of the hay and they have a speedy delivery.

Back