• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Scottish Holiday... (big photo overload)

... a few weeks back I went to Scotland for a holiday. I booked it over a year ago so I was a long time waiting...

The holiday was a specific photographic run by 2 professionals (Peter Cairns and John McPhearson).

The setting was at Pete's home in the Cairngorms National Park with 9 other photographers.

It was a long 500 mile drive from my home, but well worth the effort.

Below are a few of the many.. and I do mean hundreds of photo that I took whilst I was there....

Lets start with my favourite animal... the red squirrel... these animals are lovely and ever so cute, hide were set up for us and the squirrels were used to being fed so came up close to where we were sat:

WS-Tue-AM-026-Red-Squirrel.jpg

WS-Tue-AM-010-Red-Squirrel.jpg

WS-Fri-AM-076-Red-Squirrel-.jpg

WS-Fri-AM-063-Red-Squirrel-.jpg

WS-Fri-AM-006-Red-Squirrel-.jpg

WS-Tue-AM-202-Red-Squirrel.jpg

Next the greater spotted woodpecker... for this photo I borrowed Pete's lens, a 500mm L IS USM - for those into photography they will know what a prize (and expensive piece of glass this is). It was actually a little bit too long for the GSW but a really close up shot of what is quite a nervous bird:

WS-Tue-AM-202---GS-Woodpeck.jpg

Then just some garden birds.. many of which I'm sure you have visiting our own garden... here the 500mm lens was in it's elements to get really close up shots:

First of all a Male Chaffinch:

Male-Chaffinch-I.jpg

Then a female chaffinch:

WS-Tue-PM-240-F-Chaffinch.jpg

And a siskin.. a bird I have never seen before:

WS-Tue-PM-045---Siskin.jpg

Well thanks for having the patience to look at all of them...

Han x

They are stunning! Have you thought about entering for the Countryfile calendar competition?
this is the link for it,
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sn/tvradio/programmes/countryfile/photocomp.shtml
you definitely should with pics like that!
x Jess

Thanks for that link... it was kind of a new years resolution to enter competitions and submit photos to magazines this year and so far I've not done any :roll: I'll certainly give it some thought (wonders off to read the rules!)

Excellent photos as always Willow Warren! And that lens...wow! For those not in the know it's the cost of a decent 2nd hand car :shock: !

Neil

Back